Search results

1. B

Problem with new SD card (maps)

Yes - as I stated I had SD card, which expired. Bought this expecting it'll work and give me 3 years. Nada.
  2. B

I did and after updating got back to the same default screen. Said I have 1 update and my maps expired on August 2018.
  3. B

Exactly what I thought too - but on the left side where they detail things out or under settings, etc. it says map expiry date as xx.2018. Anyways, when I contacted Mazda Corporate this is what they told me after I told them I bought from dealer. However, as these people who answer are all...
  4. B

Bought a SD card off eBay like many ; the person selling has indicated a large number of folks bought from him. After driving approx. 70 odd miles (I think) put it in my PC and booted up the Mazda toolbox. It correctly recognized the card, my vehicle VIN, etc. But in the default page (home) says...
  5. B

Are TSBs covered by Mazda if vehicle is outside of warranty?

This is a counter-productive reason on why someone would go to a dealer to have few things done. I know many who never ever goes to the dealer for servicing. But the downside is obvious: It does make sense to go few times, associate a few problems and have them check it. Later on, it gives an...
  6. B

Not really. I took it to the dealer who said my headlights are not in recall. It has to be a certain set of serial numbers. Then they actually review the condition of the current headlights. Only after if warrants it, yes they will replace it. See this from Mazda: Repair: Inspect the headlights...
  7. B

Blown away Falken WildPeak A/T Trail 225/55/R19

Well all I can say is this - when wet I have not seen any degradation from the earlier Toyo tires. Dry is dry but being a pandemic year I really didn't drive much during summer. I live in NJ, hope you understand. However, what I can say is road noise was noticeably lower. But again - please take...
  8. B

Sharing: VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE (Brake Fluid)

@CX5_Driver : Thanks. I am just giving my experience and some data by the manufacturer. Seems data supports the fact that it has low viscosity and at the same time high boiling point in comparison to most in the market today. I did have another link - can't find it in a pinch, this however comes...
  9. B

Yes - had Valvoline, same as yours. But this seems to be better. Of course, its debatable since my foot got used to the mushiness. Its viscosity and temp ratings are higher than most. BTOG also stated its really good. That's why shared. For reference, The Bosch fluid is 518 dry, 365 wet, visc 670
  10. B

Finding some engine oil under vehicle when very cold

Thankfully I am at 44,000 miles. Will report, 100%. @yrwei52 : nice to hear from you!! Long long time!!
  11. B

Bosch ESI6-32N Brake Fluid (Direct Replacement for DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5.1) - 1 Quart https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07338GQM8/?tag=m20b7-20
  12. B

Service manager comment - need inputs on brake lines

I spoke to him and he completely agrees. 2 points (I showed him this thread). He said 100% correct. Only thing he mentioned was he was forced to review the condition of brake lines AFTER he changed brake fluid but still found not good (braking). That is when he is seeing vehicles CX5 2014 and...
  13. B

Very very little. I'd say around 2 tablespoons. BUT: It happens every time I leave the car for +2 days (+48 hrs). 1 more thing: I have the car in the same spot always. This never happened till now. I'd say started from around last week of December.
  14. B

Due to pandemic, car is parked for long duration in NJ cold. When it gets really cold I am noticing some oil underneath my car. As out of warranty need advice. I found a TSB 01-014/15. I wanted to first take it to my trusted mechanic but wanted to know if anyone else faced this issue and how to...
  15. B

Getting worse - Infotainment restarts multiple times/sluggish when cold

This is really good. My hunch seems correct. Here are 2 links for TSBs on this: https://www.carcomplaints.com/Mazda/CX-5/2016/tsbs/tsb-09-015-20-3698.shtml https://www.carcomplaints.com/Mazda/CX-5/2016/tsbs/tsb-09-015-20-3698b.shtml
  16. B

I have the list of TSBs applicable for my CX-5 2016 and find some of them may be applicable for me. If I take it to the dealership and mention the issue and assuming they find the TSB will they (Mazda) cover the issue? Or should I even give them the TSB #?
  17. B

Service manager comment - need inputs on brake lines

Metal or braided type - as per my SA has its own issues. He said even top end performance cars like Porche, Massarati, etc. are using rubber hoses. The issue is flexibility and metal/braided lines tend to last less and fail at the fittings' end ; unless some really high-end lines which has...