Search results

1. R

100K MP5 Club

Currently parked because its leaking coolant on the exhaust, but I will be using it for mostly in town runs once I get new heater core hoses on
  2. R

100K MP5 Club

Best color out there! Except I am also a fan of the yellow, since my miata is also sunburst yellow.
  3. R

Off Topic Random Picture/Video Thread

I think I did the key lime green, orange, purple. There was definitely a 4th color, but I cant recall what it was right now.
  4. R

Hard to see but the wheels were purple that year, in that photo. Haven't done colored wheels since 2014 :(
  5. R

100K MP5 Club

My commute isn't very long and the wife says we aren't allowed to take it on any long trips due to how rough it rides, how its broken down in the past, it's mostly rust, etc. Women and their grudges, amirite? Plus I just bought this for our roadtripping. 2003 jetta tdi, manual.
  6. R

Off Topic Retro Gaming

Been loving mario 35!!! Finally after so much trying I managed to get 1st two nights in a row. So satisfying when it finally happened. Does this count as retro gaming :). Machine is from 1993.
  7. R

100K MP5 Club

Im at 259k miles and really want it to see 300, but there is no chance thats gonna happen :(
  8. R

My protege5 having fun in some snow probably 7 years ago. Thing is still kicking, somehow...
  9. R

Slight coolant leak on back of block

It looks like everything is accessible from the engine bay, just things are tight! Nothing like my miata where the hoses are right out in the open. Bye bye knuckle skin it looks like!
  10. R

NEMOC Random BS Thread

Das Auto!
  11. R

NEMOC Random BS Thread

a mazda, a mazda, and a vw. Diesel life
  12. R

NEMOC Random BS Thread

I'm a VW guy now, no need for mazda meets ;)
  13. R

Slight coolant leak on back of block

I have a leak on the back of my block from what looks to be the heater core hoses. Coolant is dripping down and sizzling on exhaust after I turn the car off. If this is the heater core hoses (I never replaced them), how much fun of a job is it to do? I haven't gotten under the car yet to see if...
  14. R

NEMOC Random BS Thread

yus!! I love my gauges very much. Needles came off easy with the tools he supplied. Wife got me the hvac panel to match my gauges which I still need to install. Also got me the holo 80s horn button :)
  15. R

Radiator fan not on automatically

This is my current plan. At the moment I am driving with the ac on most of the time to trigger both fans. I will wire up a switch to the fuse box to run one fan all the time when I am driving. Likely an illumnated switch which will remind me more easily when its on or off. There is def no...
  16. R

I checked the resistance of the sensor with it still in the car with coolant temps cooler and at running temp. Both values were within the range in the manual you posted
  17. R

Nah the car was quite hot enough to trigger the fan. I plug my bluedriver obd2 in and monitor the temps and they will get into the 200s, fan still not kicking on. This whole issue started when I parked my car after driving and heard some bubbling. Popped the hood and the reservior overflow was...
  18. R

Recently noticed my cooling fan does not come on once the car gets up the running temperatures. If I hit the air conditioner button, both fans will come right on, but push the button again and they both go back off. Is this simple as a faulty temperature sender switch? The temperature gauge...
  19. R

Off Topic Diecast Racing

yeah yeah Jeff, the diecast racing is okay, but this is where the fun is at
  20. R

How-To: Disabling Automatic A/C - Defrost modes

Did this mod years ago and I hate being in any car which cant do this.