Search results

1. 11E20

2019 CX-9 bucks when in gear with foot on the brake

Once last summer while at a traffic light my 2019 CX-9 GT FWD began to idle roughly but when I drove off everything was fine. Never did it again. RPM's were up and down during this period but not to an extreme as I recall. I don't drive it very often as I'm retired but will pay more attention...
  2. 11E20

BSM at speeds lower than 20 mph

Wosman, really? 0-1 MPH? If you're going that slow what can't you see by looking out the windows or using cameras or parking assist sonar? Drive safely my friend!
  3. 11E20

Mazda CX-9 in-channel visors

Hello SLCX9, I had mud guards installed on my 2019 CX-9 FWD GT as I live on a ranch in rural TX and we have a 2.3 mile dirt road to negotiate to get to our gate. We offered to pave the road to our ranch but the county hasn't taken us up on our offer. I digress; my last vehicle was a 2013...
  4. 11E20

2021 CX-9 Radio/XM - How to change the present/channels?

In my 2019 CX-9 GT most of my favorites are Sirius channels but I do have a couple of local FM stations saved too. I can scroll through the stations with my steering wheel control but often experience trouble when the radio tries to go from an FM station to a Sirius channel and it takes a few...
  5. 11E20

CX-9 Liftgate (trunk door) closing automatically when I'm underneath. Why?

I have a 2019 CX-9 GT and thankfully haven't experienced your problem but I have had a sporadic issue with the doors locking themselves when the car is parked and left unlocked on purpose. It is not programmed to auto lock when the key is out of range so not sure why this happens. Also the...
  6. 11E20

2016~2021 Folding mirrors misbehaving

Appreciate the TSB zerg336 and will give it a look. At a glance it seems to address problems with mirrors that will not fold out or in whereas mine are folding in spontaneously when parked and left unlocked.
  7. 11E20

sm1ke, not a bad idea but I live on a 143 acre ranch out in the middle of nowhere with just my wife who is not a prankster. There aren't any neighbors or kids to do any stunts. Drove yesterday and left the car unlocked overnight and the mirrors stayed unfolded. Guess I'm the only one...
  8. 11E20

Thanks ohmboy but this happens when the key fob is in the house and out of range of the car. When I went to bed last night the car was unlocked and mirrors deployed. When I came out this morning the doors were still unlocked but the mirrors were folded in. Very bizarre.
  9. 11E20

Didn't see any mention of this issue when searching the forum. I have a 2019 CX-9 GT FWD with about 9K miles on it. Usually I leave it locked when it's in the driveway but sometimes I leave it unlocked. On occasion I've noticed that the car will automatically lock itself and fold the mirrors...
  10. 11E20

2021 CX-9 Changes

When I bought my 2019 CX-9 GT I was coming out of a 2013 Toyota Venza Ltd and was seriously looking at a 2019 Highlander Ltd Platinum. Their infotainment and nav system in that trim level had a software problem where the voice commands would not work and you had no voice prompts when using the...
  11. 11E20

2016~2021 LED Headlight Vibrating/Shaking

I own a 2019 CX-9 FWD GT and live on a ranch in remote Texas rural country. There is a 2.3 mile dirt road from my front gate to the asphalt, it is very rough. I do not experience any of the headlight behavior you describe. My two cents on this topic. Best of luck on finding a resolution.
  12. 11E20

2020 CX-9: Sluggish Infotainment

Thanks sm1ke.
  13. 11E20

2020 CX-9: Sluggish Infotainment

My 2019 GT FWD takes about 45 seconds to a minute to boot. If you try and use the satellite radio or nav before it is finished it's locked up on me a couple times requiring an engine shutdown and restart to remedy. I can't remember the 3 button manual system reboot sequence. I've learned to...
  14. 11E20

New 2020 CX-9, burning smell

Same here, my 2019 GT FWD had a burning smell under the hood for the first couple months of ownership after driving it. After that point it went away never to return.
  15. 11E20

Service at dealership or independent shop?

I agree with your views on the dealership service question. Even when out of warranty if the dealer's service department has proven themselves during the warranty period then I feel comfortable continuing to use them. Can you save money going to an independent? Probably but for me it's not...
  16. 11E20

Outward Camera Visibility Compromised

I see this warning usually in the early morning when the sun is low on the horizon and the car is pointing directly into the sun. It temporarily blinds the camera(s), when I turn in a direction away from the sun the warning disappears and the system works normally. I others here, doubt you can...
  17. 11E20

2016~2021 Battery drain in 2020 Mazdas

I have to agree that the dealership's response is unsatisfactory. My 2019 CX-9 GT (built prior to October) sits for 3-4 weeks at a time (I'm retired) without being started and has no problems. They owe you a better explanation.
  18. 11E20

2nd Gen CX-9 High mileage club, how's it holding up?

Compared to my 2013 Toyota Venza Ltd the 2019 CX-9 GT with the pearl white paint I have now is holding up far better than the Venza. The front of my silver Toyota was all dinged up almost immediately and I went through a couple of touch up paint pens during the 6 years I had it. So far the...
  19. 11E20

Infotainment Screen cracking (Spider cracks)

I parked next to an older CX-9 yesterday (not sure what year, 2016 or older) and glanced in the window and saw the infotainment screen. I was surprised to see pretty extreme cracking in bottom right and left corners of the screen; now I know what you all are talking about. Really unacceptable...
  20. 11E20

Potential new CX-9 owner, have a question

My 2019 GT came with the Nav system included and the map SD card was installed as part of the dealer prep for delivery. You can also download updates via the Mazda website for free (I think for two or three years) which is a nice feature. My Toyota Venza nav map database could only be updated...