Search results

1. yrwei52

2013~2016 Belt Tensioner - Shouldn't this be a warranty item?

If I were you I would replace the gear lube with correct SG1 as soon as possible. I’d be worried running those with wrong type of gear lube.
  2. yrwei52

You mentioned “timing belt” a couple of times which confused me?
  3. yrwei52

Nice detailed write-up as usual! (y) BTW, I thought you’re going to get rid of the wrong gear lube from your front transfer case and rear differential first? ;)
  4. yrwei52

Cabin air filter

Ended up got this 3-pack cheap carbon cabin filters suggested by CX-5um.
  5. yrwei52

2021 CX-5 models arriving

Yep, one of the surprises I found when I went to my Mazda dealer checking out just available new 2018 CX-5’s on Jan. 8, 2018. A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5
  6. yrwei52

Well it’s a tough business, we the auto makers have to do cost cutting at all costs ⋯
  7. yrwei52

Speed Sensor affecting TPMS sensors?

Thanks for the update and glad to hear the problem has been resolved. The Autel TPMS Relearn Tool usually runs close to $300. I was wondering why could you find the TPMS sensor seller to program the sensors for you instead of getting a pretty expensive one-time use tool?
  8. yrwei52

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

You’re fast! It took me at least 10 minutes to do it, including clean up those junks falling out of the glove compartment! ;)
  9. yrwei52

New Owner. Tire Questions

I can see tire rubbing marks on my front struts with factory 225/55R19 tire on 7” wide rims. So yes, it should be worse on 8” wide rims with the same offset.
  10. yrwei52

Cost cutting ⋯ 👎
  11. yrwei52

2013~2016 TPMS and SCBS Inspection required

Thanks for the update. Did you read the ABS codes via OBDII port with BlueDriver scanner?
  12. yrwei52

Why does the brake pedal stick out so much?

Now you said it, I believe this is what I’m doing while driving the CX-5.
  13. yrwei52

2013~2016 Oil leak on transmission

Hard to see any ATF leak from your picture with s bright light. Read this thread and see if you have any similarity to Digbicks1234’s ATF leak after his pan removal. May be you can PM him and ask him to reply your situation with his opinion. Have you checked the ATF level lately? 2016.5...
  14. yrwei52

Never know this’d be the case. Not normal to me.
  15. yrwei52

Guide: Mazda 2.0 & 2.5 Ltr Valve Cover & Oil Control Valve Gasket replacement

From Mazda CX-5 Factory Workshop Manual, the liquid gasket felixd mentioned in the video is the silicone sealant said in the manual which needs to be applied at several locations in addition to valve cover gasket. Any silicon RTV suitable for high temperature should be fine.
  16. yrwei52

Calling on 2017 CX-5 Owners - Reliability

Sailwings has a CX-5 Touring with 225/65R17 tires. Michelin CrossClimate SUV doesn’t come with 225/55R/19 size used on CX-5 19” wheels. Larger 235/55R19 tires will affect your speedometer and odometer a bit and all the on-board computer calculation based on such information. My stock Toyo A23...
  17. yrwei52

Same here and I don’t feel too much difference to the position of brake pedal on CX-5 from vehicles I have owned, VW’s、BMW’s、Honda’s. The only time I felt big difference on the brake pedal and / or clutch pedal was driving my VW Vanagon GL Syncro AWD with 5-speed manual, and a friend’s...
  18. yrwei52

Calling on 2017 CX-5 Owners - Reliability

If they said simplicity is good such as a 6-speed auto tranny, then they should praise the CVT which is much simpler. ;) In reality, an 8-speed auto tranny is not much more complex than a 6-speed. As for relative easy access to change parts, to maintain fluids, metal construction on crucial...
  19. yrwei52

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Sounds easy enough. I wonder why Mazda designed this way preventing us lifting up the rear wiper fully? I’ve been lifting the rear wiper fully by removing the cap. I’ll take a look at the cap and see. Thanks!
  20. yrwei52

Infotainment Screen Goes Dead While Driving!

Have you got your safety recall done on cylinder deactivation?