Search results

1. L

LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Shiny new clutch line is in! Made on the spot by the same company that did the handbrake cables Clutch and brakes are now bled (for now, might need re-bleeding later on) O2 sensor bung is welded in too, I think I've cracked the settings on my little MIG as it welded really nicely. A lick of...
  2. L

Non-functional parking brake and rear caliper replacement - feedback wanted!

Correction on my part, the mazdaspeed rear brakes are for the 4 stud version, not our 5 stud cars :( Here's another thread from the Astina GT forums about brake swaps: http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19832
  3. L

Non-functional parking brake and rear caliper replacement - feedback wanted!

Uuugh rear brakes! There's a little plastic / soft metal gear inside that works as the self adjuster for the park brake. by the sounds of it that's what's failed in your calipers. between that and the sliders pins seizing in the rear brakes are the worst part of owning a P5! I've replaced two...
  4. L

What have you done to your P5 today?

Good work! That mount is a nightmare to do lol A write-up would be amazing, especially any tips you've learnt along the way
  5. L

This weeks updates: -The wiring is finished!* o_O thanks to the haltech site having a good guide to the FS-DET sensors - which means the passenger's seat is in and interior is now back together - New steering rod ends on both sides so I now have steering again! - Scored some front brake disks as...
  6. L

PCB's Unbuild Thread

Good to hear the rad was an easy swap! How was bleeding the cooling system afterwards?
  7. L

Thanks to a surprise optometrist visit (my glasses literally snapped in half one morning) and general life, progress on the car is a bit slower than I'd like at the moment. Still managed to wire up 80% of the megasquirt and replaced the fuel filter for good luck (no pump upgrade yet). Also...
  8. L

@Derbyguy919 good score! Looks like a fun project @dilar that looks like it was a busy day lol. Workshop manual doesn't show torque value for those bolts but they won't be very tight at all
  9. L

Oil change and service on the daily today, swapped the starter again as well. 273,000 kms and the engine is mint! No leaks and nice and clean inside.
  10. L

Yep, M6 threaded rod with nylocs on either end, nothing fancy! Length was about 90mm from memory, had to run a drill through the inserts and it was still a tight fit.
  11. L

College Student First Car Build

Wooohooo fresh parts! Such a good feeling :)
  12. L

PCB's Unbuild Thread

I for one welcome more cat related updates!
  13. L

Thanks! Slowly but surely this thing is coming together. An M62 charger would actually work a bit better than the SC14, they're a bit smaller and more efficient from memory. Progress this week: - the gearbox mount inserts turned up! I actually ordered these at the same time as the engine...
  14. L

Clicking/knocking noise after rotor and brake pad change

Woohoo! Glad it was an easy fix :)
  15. L

Shouldn't the front disks be much thicker and vented? (see PCB's Post) It looks like the disk isn't sitting square with the hub or brake caliper, maybe check to see if the disk is warped or if there's any gunk on the hub that's not letting it sit right The bolts are meant to be greased and the...
  16. L

Ohh yeeeaaahhh! Build

That's a serious looking strut brace! Very curious to see how the master cylinder brace turns out too That car has a heap of cool custom stuff on it, is there anywhere we can have a look at the whole car? (Build thread/ instagram?)
  17. L

This week's progress (no photos sorry) - Oil pressure gauge installed with a sandwich plate. It's a silver faced gauge which is mildly annoying as I bought it thinking it had a white face to match all the others. Eventually I'll get matching AEM gauges but at $300+ a pop they're a little out of...
  18. L

Boring Daily Build

Bad solenoid or bad brushes in the starter for sure! Have you tried rapping the starter with a wrench when it doesn't start? That can loosen up the solenoid and get it working again temporarily The solenoid can be opened and re-greased fairly easily, I don't know if the brushes can be replaced...
  19. L

Hmmm something isn't quite right if you're seeing smoke! Did you give the disks a good clean with brake cleaner on both sides before installing? That might explain the burning smell if not There's some little tabs on the pads that have to go a certain way and are very easy to put in backwards...
  20. L

Boring Daily Build

Ohh boy, starter replacements are fun! I need to do my daily soon lol Removing the dog bone brace between the manifold and block makes things a lot easier 12mm long sockets are a life saver! Especially the hidden bolt underneath the engine