Search results

1. concept

2013~2016 Horn keeps blowing fuse

A bad (inconsistent) ground will not blow a fuse. A positive voltage (live) wire that touches ground CAN blow a fuse.
  2. concept

Went to Mazda after 8 Subarus, very happy!

Back in 2017, my daughter was looking for a sedan so she and I went test-driving - the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3, and Subaru Impreza. She ended up with the Subaru Impreza Sport (not like the Mazda "Sport" trim - the Subaru is kindof like a cross between the 3 GT and Touring. For...
  3. concept

Bought a new (to me) 2008 Mazda3 and I only got a single lousy key

It'll be interesting to see how the remotes turn out. (y)
  4. concept

The title of his post states that he just bought a 2008 Mazda 3. Most likely, the "2003" he posted was a typo.
  5. concept

It should be, but I am not certain about that. My 2008 MX5 has a keyless fob. There are stores online that specialize in key fobs but read up on what else is required. Hopefully someone with a 2008 3 will chime in.
  6. concept

2014~2020 Going to war with Mazda re: rear brakes

I was reading in another forum that an owner was having similar premature wear issues with his Mazda3. He went on to report that the dealership replaced his pads and rotors without charge. You may want to call the dealership from whom you bought your car, and ask the service manager about this.
  7. concept

2014~2020 Going to war with Mazda re: rear brakes

I hear there is a TSB for Mazda3 brakes. Did you check to see if your 6 is covered under this?
  8. concept

Can't locate front end noise...Help!

"an alignment shop" may not be the "right" alignment shop. I think the one to which I referred started doing business in this area since 1947. Here's there website: https://www.beelinebrakes.com/ If you can find a place like this, they will be more likely to find and fix the problem.
  9. concept

Can't locate front end noise...Help!

This has happened to me a few times over the years. Rather than spending an afternoon trying to find the source, I would take the car down to an alignment shop that has amazing suspension mechanics who always find the problem. They work on stuff like this, every day and have solved many...
  10. concept

2020 CX-5 mysterious battery draw

Or simply download Microsoft's Translator app.
  11. concept

2005 Mazda 6 2.3l battery light/alternator issue

Okay, back to the real (vs brake) question and suggestion: Did you have a load test done to your battery? Doing a simple voltage test is not the best way to test a battery. Even if the battery is less than 3 years old, it could be weak.
  12. concept

Anyone replace the tires yet on their 2018+ Mazda6?

According to Consumer Reports' extensive tire tests, the best handling Ultra-High-Performance all-season tires for your car are the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS. The added bonus is that their noise rating is better than average. The slight down side is snow traction, which is below average. Tread...
  13. concept

CX-9 for my traveling son?

Wouldn't golf clubs fit into a CX5 with the rear seats folded? The latest CX5s are very quiet and smooth riding, so you might not want to focus solely on the Cx9. If I were your son, I'd prefer either the 3 or 6 if each is large enough for the clubs.
  14. concept

Rattle in defrost vent...Help

Could it be a small stone? I've even had pieces of a dried out leaf make its way to the fan in older cars. Did you remove the cabin filter?
  15. concept

CX-30 2.5 Turbo

.....most likely not as fast as the 3 but very quick, nonetheless. (y)
  16. concept

Mazda6 2.5 Slower than Mazda3 2.5?

That may be true when you compare the CX9 to the 3 but not the 6 to the 3. Still, 200-250 lbs can be felt, all other things being equal. Of course, the Mazda6 Turbo will be faster than the 3, that is, until the 3 gets the turbo.
  17. concept

Suggestions for selling rims/tires?

Many sellers do not spend the time to investigate but doing so would increase chances that the wheels/tires would sell quickly.
  18. concept

Great info, sm1ke. I am currently selling dumbbells on Craigslist and OfferUp and the three sales so far have gone down, perfectly. The good thing about selling 15Kg dumbbells is that anyone who tries to run with a pair will not be very fast. :) I have also purchased quite a few items on this...
  19. concept

I sold my MX6 GT's OEM wheels and tires via Craigslist. It was a very easy transaction. My son sold his Honda Civic wheels and tires the same say, although we helped out the woman buyer by mounting them on her Civic. Another site to consider for selling things is called "OfferUp". I'm using...
  20. concept

Pirelli P Zero tires and suspension update/comparison to McLaren 570S Syder

When I had the Eibach springs installed, I think shorter bump stops were included but I'm not positive about that. Koni Yellow front-adjustable shocks were also installed at the same time. They feel a bit tighter than the OEM shocks. Good question about the alignment - that was done at the same...