2017 CX-5 GT w/Premium Driver's Seat bolster too hard?

Hi CX5 , I just purchased a 21017 CX-5 grand touring and drove other Mazdas before I made my decision. I have a Major problem with the driver’s seat. It hits on my tail bone and really hurts. Because of the bolsters on the side, my legs hurt. I am so disappointed as when I tried driving Mazda’s before I made the decision to buy, it did not hurt my tail bone or legs. Yes, I did drive the one I bought and did not Feel the lumps. It feels like you can feel the seat heating coil and something hitting the tailbone. Love the car but trying to fine the right cushion for me seat. Dealership would not do anything about the problem as they said all the seats are made the same. Live in Maryland.

Sorry you are having a problem. Love the car but having trouble with the sear really hurting my tail bone and the bolsters hurt my thighs and legs. If you find a solution, I would love it if you would share. Good luck to you. Mt dealership would not do anything about it. You buy it, your problem.

No, I’m with you on the steering wheel and the seat bolsters, the rest is fine with me. The steering wheel is far to thin and the shape is abysmal. It is very uncomfortable and the strangest shape. I also struggle with the edge of the steering controls digging in the base of my thumb - there was no need to extend the switch so far.

I still find the seat over bolstered and that is after having the bolsters softened.

Hey Brian

I have a 2017 Machine Gray GT AWD with Premium Pkg. Mine is as hard as a rock in that same spot! I thought it would soften up over time...but it hasn't. My left side is often sore due to this issue. I bought a memory foam seat cushion which eliminates the soreness, but I don't feel planted when I'm driving and move around in the seat more in turns because I've effectively eliminated the bolstering effect with the cushion. I am thinking about taking it into the dealer. It sounds like a QC issue if others aren't as firm. Mine definitely falls in the "unacceptable"! The bumper-to-bumper should cover this...right?

Thanks
Earl

Hope you have better luck than I did. My seat has something pressing on my tail bone. It really hurts and dealer will do nothing. Said is normal.

Sorry you are having a problem. Love the car but having trouble with the sear really hurting my tail bone and the bolsters hurt my thighs and legs. If you find a solution, I would love it if you would share. Good luck to you. Mt dealership would not do anything about it. You buy it, your problem.
Either the seat broke my butt in or my butt broke in the seat, or I adjusted it better, not sure but I don't notice any discomfort from my seat anymore.

Glad your problem is solved. I have one cushion and am waiting for another one I ordered. I have severe stenosis and it is under control but this seat is aggravating my problem.

Glad your problem is solved. I have one cushion and am waiting for another one I ordered. I have severe stenosis and it is under control but this seat is aggravating my problem.
Was your previous car's seat comfortable? If it is a avoid a medical condition it might be worth it to research aftermarket seats.

Was your previous car's seat comfortable? If it is a avoid a medical condition it might be worth it to research aftermarket seats.
Yes, I checked some aftermarket seat and the around $700 and up. Just do not want to go that way now. The dealership called me today and wants to try to work something out. Very surprised.

The dealership let me swop out me mazda and I chose a buick Envision. Happy now. I have been driving Buick’s for over 50 years. Their seats just fit us. Heritage Mazda belAir, Maryland took care of me.

The dealership let me swop out me mazda and I chose a buick Envision. Happy now. I have been driving Buick’s for over 50 years. Their seats just fit us. Heritage Mazda belAir, Maryland took care of me.
That looks like a nice car. Is it a 2020 model?

Back