Ravenol ZF Transmission fluid

Putting back the same amount, iMO, is no guarantee your ATF level is at the proper level as many had found the factory ATF level was low from factory when they checked by following the official instruction, ATF at 122°F with engine running:

I know that's why I checked it after I filled it.

I just used the Ravenol FZ fluid, did two drain and refills with the extractor method, plan on a third next weekend.

So far the shifts are great, and I like that it is full synthetic, I could never find out with certainty if the Mazda OEM fluid is synthetic or not, most likely semi-syn at best.

1587353781395.png

1587353938025.png

I agree, I saw somewhere that Ravenol is OEM fluid as well, however I looked at the OEM stuff on Amazon and it's clearly idemitsu lubricants america, at least that's what is avaliable at the dealers and various online stores in North America.

Perhaps they have a different supplier at the factory in Hiroshima and other countries around the world. The OEM is Petroleum vs Full Synthetic for the Ravenol, I noticed when changing fluids that the Ravenol has a much stronger odor than OEM FZ, probably due to the add pack and esters or PAO in the formulation.

1587574098313.png

Putting back the same amount, iMO, is no guarantee your ATF level is at the proper level as many had found the factory ATF level was low from factory when they checked by following the official instruction, ATF at 122°F with engine running:
This is a late reply, but I followed the proper fluid check procedure at the right temp. Also, care is still driving great at 65k miles on the Ravenol. It was a lot cheaper too!

This is a late reply, but I followed the proper fluid check procedure at the right temp. Also, care is still driving great at 65k miles on the Ravenol. It was a lot cheaper too!

I have about the same mileage as you and I'm planning to use Ravenol the next time I do a pan drop.

Few questions :
1. How's the tranny holding up?
2. Where did you buy the Ravenol FZ from? Most places are $14 on average
3. Is the color blue?

I have about the same mileage as you and I'm planning to use Ravenol the next time I do a pan drop.

Few questions :
1. How's the tranny holding up?
2. Where did you buy the Ravenol FZ from? Most places are $14 on average
3. Is the color blue?

Not OP, but I too used Ravenol FZ when I changed the fluid.

Only been about 1k miles since the change, but the trans shifts no differently.
I bought from Blauparts, if times with sales and membership points you can get a good price on it.
Yes, it's blue.

Back