How you doing?

Glad you're surviving, 7.

Glad your son was able to make friends. That will give him confidence to not be afraid of making changes in the future, even if the virus has disrupted the experience.

Regarding WFH, I worked for a government contractor who cut back on their real estate footprint in order to get their rates down (was a survival thing.) If you did not manage somebody, you were forced to WFH. But I'm with you. I'm too social. And I have no family. On the other hand, maybe this forced-remote-working will bring some long-term changes...there are upsides for some folks.

Re: Bruno...a friend just sent me an email about there being a run on dog adoptions in NYC. Seems that folks are lonely being shut in, and they are now at home to help the creature get on-boarded. Business for on-line pet food & supplies is apparently booming...

Let's hope this is all over soon. Virginia is on Shelter-in-Place orders until June 10. One's experiences during all this depend on where one lives. The county I moved from has a population density of 3,000 per mi². The one I'm in now is under 70 per mi². The figure for NYC is 27,000 per mi². Sadly, it really seems to be spreading there.

All is well here.
Just really busy at work. Had to get my entire office working from home. I was already very into work from home and getting people on it so it wasn't difficult, but they are a needy bunch.
Ohio was one of the first states to lock everything down. Never liked our Gov much, Dewine, but he's impressed me so far.
So now, of course, the accounting firm... rolleyes.... is essential. Although I am grateful I am still getting a paycheck, I'd rather just take a few weeks off. I do have to keep going in to reboot this, or login that, but I'm only there for a few minutes at a time.
So I am working on the first floor at home, wife working from the upstairs loft area and while we both work we have to help our 9 year old learn how to do this distance learning crap. Kind of stressful. The elementary school should have taken a week off to get this down. Only lost my s*$@ a few times. I am far too emotional in general. LOL
Really not loving this. I love to WFH but when you're forced to? I do kinda miss my co-workers. And I'm a very social person.
We moved into this new house and my son started this new school. We were very worried about him making new friends and how he'd like this new school. Turns out those fears were unfounded, he's made a lot of friends and doing well in school... and then this s*** happened...meeting friends on a Zoom call now. Sigh... A bit depressing.
Hard to be depressed for long though as we are all, so far, healthy and someone is dying every 9 minutes in NYC.
One bright spot, we have been wanting to adopt a doggo since our last one died about a year ago.
Meet BRUNO! :D (Will edit from phone with picture).
No apologies for the novel. I got a mechanical keyboard and i can type REALLY FAST on it. :D

Love you guys.

That's a good lookin pup right there. Congrats on the new addition!

I had a taste of WFH when I first moved to Calgary so my wife could get a job with municipal government. I did it for a year and a half, and the first few months were awesome. But I eventually got the cabin fever and started getting a little stir crazy. It's definitely not for everyone, lol.

Stay safe man. Good to hear that your family is doing well.

Good to hear that all are doing well and wish the same for everyone else here on the forum. Our fam is doing good, both the wife and I are working from home. I am a Records Manager for an engineering company so I have to go into the office as needed to physically pull records for engineers, lawyers, etc.. Our daughter is working from home too and is my co-worker in the basement. lol Our son is in his freshman year of college and bummed that the spring semester was cancelled during his spring break. He was a bit of an introvert growing up but getting a job at Shoprite at 16 really brought him out of his shell and he was doing much better away at college than we ever expected. So as parents we felt his pain too.

Great looking pup 7 and congrats on the new addition!!! Both of our kids have been bugging us for a few months to adopt a puppy. Our daughter pulled the 'it would be a perfect time to adopt now' card since we are all home. :D But we already have two cats and one pup with allergies to take care of.

Here is a pic of Charlie sacked out from last Friday night. One of his quirks is that he likes to sleep on blankets. He jumped on the couch and did circles until he pulled the blanket on the back of the couch down just enough for him to have some blanket to lay on. LMAO

Attachments

• Charlie - Sleeping.png
    Charlie - Sleeping.png
    343.8 KB · Views: 152
Well, I was not happy in the last week of school before March Br, as teacher I didn't like school full of transmission points and me as a physical focal point. Grade 5s aren't so good at keeping a distance.

Colleagues thought I was overreacting, but that week was so bad in Italy they listened by the Thurs. By end of day we were told fri would be last for 3 weeks. 1 March Break and 2 extra. That ends this week.

So, we have sort of had the 3 weeks to plan our delivery of lessons. My school board has been great, but this is all so fast changing. There will be hiccups. My kids have great access to wifi but some families are tight for devices. The boards around Toronto trying to give loaners.

Wife is at bank so would be WFH but is on mat leave, 14 month old. Here we can do 18 months with job protection (sorry for those in USA). Were glad fr the time together (not sure if/when I'll be back in class) but bummed that we can't hit zoo, park...and toddler classes obviously cancelled.

We did find out my grandmother's nursing home has a case. She's 90+ and has typical ailments. Last summer she took a dip in health but didn't care, refused help. She was ready. Likely would do same here. So, we're worried but at same time she's always done it her way and she isn't worried at this point.

Well, I was not happy in the last week of school before March Br, as teacher I didn't like school full of transmission points and me as a physical focal point. Grade 5s aren't so good at keeping a distance.

Colleagues thought I was overreacting, but that week was so bad in Italy they listened by the Thurs. By end of day we were told fri would be last for 3 weeks. 1 March Break and 2 extra. That ends this week.

So, we have sort of had the 3 weeks to plan our delivery of lessons. My school board has been great, but this is all so fast changing. There will be hiccups. My kids have great access to wifi but some families are tight for devices. The boards around Toronto trying to give loaners.

Wife is at bank so would be WFH but is on mat leave, 14 month old. Here we can do 18 months with job protection (sorry for those in USA). Were glad fr the time together (not sure if/when I'll be back in class) but bummed that we can't hit zoo, park...and toddler classes obviously cancelled.

We did find out my grandmother's nursing home has a case. She's 90+ and has typical ailments. Last summer she took a dip in health but didn't care, refused help. She was ready. Likely would do same here. So, we're worried but at same time she's always done it her way and she isn't worried at this point.
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, GTA-CX9.

I think all of us are feeling the frustration of having the free time we've wished for but being on House Arrest. Virginia is on lock-down until June 10!!!

Things work out, just not always how we planned, huh?
This, too, shall pass.

Still keeping myself busy. Did a scheduled oil change and swapped my all-seasons on.

Hang in there GTA-CX9! You have a lot going on so remember to take some time during the day to refresh yourself, that goes for the fam too! I am thankful that my kids are older, trying to keep little ones engaged and on track all day is a full time job in itself. Wish you and your wife the best!

Nice sm1ke, I think I will swap my summer wheels on the Miata over the weekend. :) Just had a fresh of General G-Max RS m&b a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_20200324_181138.jpg
Been working on this and spending time with my cat outside of that!

IMG_20200327_153951.jpg
Bean is only 5 months old and still an absolute terror when she gets in her moods! (But we still adore her)

You have a lot going on so remember to take some time during the day to refresh yourself, that goes for the fam too!

Great advice...Good to see how people are doing, it certainly isn't easy for many of us...Hopefully we can get some of that refresh time here! 😁

Well, my tire change was a bit premature.

IMG_20200402_163632.jpg

Parked at work. LOL
IMG_20200403_071018.jpg

Man, that looks nice.

I've done my share of white water rafting on some great rivers, but never tried kayaking.
I see those guys blasting through rapids and see Ferraris while I'm stick on a bus.

Do you fish out of that?

I use to do whitewater canoeing but now only kayaking in mostly creeks, swamps and blackwater. Haven't done any fishing out of it yet.294E5B61-D485-4819-89B9-648058A1BB21.jpeg

I've fished out of a belly boat. Nothing like being right at the surface of the water.

Regarding your pic: The trees sure look like they could have some snakes in them.

Looking through some of my photos and came across this one when they trimmed the trees on the back of my property that had a buried gas line right of way. Heard a helicopter flying slow and finally this view through the trees.I thought this was appropriate for these times of distancing,lol.
281A700F-74C8-4F5D-ADA9-715D0A1E23C3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen anything like that! At least, not from a copter.

Texas Chainsaw Huey
Just when you thought it was safe to congregate...

Unob!?!? I was just wondering where you went. lol

Good time to get out and some solo paddling

Nice! I'm a wilderness canoeist. Looks like my vacation might not get canceled. :D

I'm doing pretty well. This staying home is pretty normal for me, in a way.

A chest freezer full of Turkey burgers, wings and rings, plus several bags of chopped onions, kale and spinach will be good for quite a while.

The latest 'miracle cure' is a drug called ivernectin. Fortunately for us dog owners we may have a supply on hand.
20200406_114922.jpg

Heartgard had both ivermectin and a bonus dose of pyrantel. Both are well tolerated and safe. Not only eliminates heartworm, but ascarids, nematodes, and hookworms as well.

However there could be issues.

First of all it says "Federal law restricts this drug to use by or under the order of a licensed veterinarian."
20200406_115057.jpg

Second these are for a 25lb dog. I might need to eat 6 of them.

The third problem, they don't say what flavor they are, but they are 'chewables'.

They are brown. My dog loves them. She also loves various treats like 'liver flavored chews', liver, chicken , and beef snacks.

We don't always share the same tastes. Although she is usually eager to eat anything I am eating, I don't reciprocate.

What to do?

Latest posts

Back