Fuel Economy Monitor and Trip Meter (TRIP A) Synchronization

Hakuri

:
2018 CX5 Akera 2.5L
Curious to understand why when I go into Applications, Fuel Economy Monitor, Settings on the infotainment system I cant tick the box which allows me to synchronise the fuel economy monitor on the infotainment system with Trip A. The option is dimmed and no tick in the box. Therefore when I reset trip A it deletes the current trip bar. But when I reset it on the infotainment system it stores the last trip in the bar chart and starts a new one.

Hopefully the above makes sense and it*s not as confusing as the Mazda instruction manual.

By the way it*s a June 2018 CX5 in Australia.

Curious to understand why when I go into Applications, Fuel Economy Monitor, Settings on the infotainment system I cant tick the box which allows me to synchronise the fuel economy monitor on the infotainment system with Trip A. The option is dimmed and no tick in the box. Therefore when I reset trip A it deletes the current trip bar. But when I reset it on the infotainment system it stores the last trip in the bar chart and starts a new one.

Hopefully the above makes sense and it*s not as confusing as the Mazda instruction manual.

Some settings can not be changed while vehicle is running. Try doing the same method, but with car ON instead of running.

I filled up today and here are my tips on how to do it:

1. After fill up and payment, start up your CX-5 Akera
  2. Turn off front camera view
  3. Wait for MZD Connect to start up, press OK to get rid of warning message
  4. Get to Fuel Economy monitor screen
  5. Then press and hold Info on steering wheel. This will reset Trip A and should also cycle bar chart along on Fuel Economy Monitor

I've tried with the car on and off, no different.

I just checked the settings and mine is the same that is greyed out and not ticked. Yet the steps I posted above work.

Please give what I said above ago and it will work.

I filled up today and here are my tips on how to do it:

1. After fill up and payment, start up your CX-5 Akera
  2. Turn off front camera view
  3. Wait for MZD Connect to start up, press OK to get rid of warning message
  5. Then press and hold Info on steering wheel. This will reset Trip A and should also cycle bar chart along on Fuel Economy Monitor

I understand what you mean. Reset trip A on steering wheel should reset the fuel economy monitor and cycle the bar chart along, but I suspect the cycling of the bar chart is only when the synchronization option is ticked, but I cant tick it as it's dimmed. Resetting on the steering wheel resets the current bar and doesn't cycle it along.

So, for me it would be;

5. Reset fuel economy - and this resets trip A and cycles the bar chart along.

Out of curiosity Xeler8ing, check to see if yours is ticked. Considering you are also in Australia.

I just checked the settings and mine is the same that is greyed out and not ticked. Yet the steps I posted above work.

Please give what I said above ago and it will work.

Thanks for checking... I will try again. To be honest, its the first time I have reset it, as its only the 2nd time I have filled her up. I'll pay more attention this time.

Thanks for checking... I will try again. To be honest, its the first time I have reset it, as its only the 2nd time I have filled her up. I'll pay more attention this time.
No problem. Another tip. Even if we didn't have front camera, pressing info on the steering wheel is pretty much useless if MZD Connect hasn't even booted in.

The important point is to be in fuel economy monitor screen before hitting info button regardless if the vehicle has front camera or not :)

No problem. Another tip. Even if we didn't have front camera, pressing info on the steering wheel is pretty much useless if MZD Connect hasn't even booted in.

The important point is to be in fuel economy monitor screen before hitting info button regardless if the vehicle has front camera or not :)

So I've checked again... and it seems to have worked exactly as you have described, which makes sense.

I suspect it previously didn't work as the MZD hadn't completed loaded, though I thought I was in the fuel economy monitor screen, but I'm probably wrong.

Anyway all is good now. For reference I got 9.6 litres/100km. Not bad I suppose, considering wifey does school runs in medium traffic and the engine is still being run in.

So I've checked again... and it seems to have worked exactly as you have described, which makes sense.

I suspect it previously didn't work as the MZD hadn't completed loaded, though I thought I was in the fuel economy monitor screen, but I'm probably wrong.

Anyway all is good now. For reference I got 9.6 litres/100km. Not bad I suppose, considering wifey does school runs in medium traffic and the engine is still being run in.
Good to hear it worked :D

I found the setting in my 2018 but what exactly happens if the synchronization option is ticked??
It will synchronise the fuel economy monitor in MZD Connect with the one on your dashboard information display (trip a) so when you reset trip a including fuel economy figure, MZD Connect fuel economy monitor resets exactly the same time.

Back