Rattle around door with high bass

:
2019 CX5 Touring/Preferred Pkg
There seems to be a really loud rattle when playing music with some bass. Not loud, heavy bass songs, which then would be normal but there seems to be some rattle that is coming from either the rear drivers side or the front drivers side door. I do have the preferred package with the Bose audio but didn’t expect rattling to come from the door when music with some bass is playing. I did purchase the preferred package just for the Bose audio to have a better sound system in here however. It is quite annoying and haven’t been able to trace where it’s coming from.
Anyone else faced this issue?

Sounds like you could use some anti rattle matting. Not much as a little goes a long way. Would also improve the quality of bass while eliminating rattles.

There seems to be a really loud rattle when playing music with some bass. Not loud, heavy bass songs, which then would be normal but there seems to be some rattle that is coming from either the rear drivers side or the front drivers side door. I do have the preferred package with the Bose audio but didn’t expect rattling to come from the door when music with some bass is playing. I did purchase the preferred package just for the Bose audio to have a better sound system in here however. It is quite annoying and haven’t been able to trace where it’s coming from.
Anyone else faced this issue?
What model year is your CX-5?

His sig says "2019 CX5 Touring/Preferred Pkg"
I can’t see member’s signature like it used to be in old website format even if I click the ID to show the detail.

The reason I asked is because there’s a TSB on Bose system for gen-1 CX-5. The 9” door woofers would develop rust on moving coil which may create rattling noise in heavy bass. Both of my 9” door woofers got replaced with revised version preventing rust issue under warranty a while ago.

I had the same issue in my 2017 CX-5. I got pissed one day and downloaded a tone generator app (literally "Tone Generator" on Android) to my phone so I could find the frequency that was causing the buzz then localize it. It turned out to be the plastic cup behind the inside door lever on the drivers side door. I wedged a tiny piece of Kleenex in there and no more buzz.

Good day,

What finally helped me figure out the issue was turning the bass all the way down (rattle went away) then turn it up (even one notch) made the rattle. As yrwei52 said, there was some type of TSB which Mazda Canada did not acknowledge or recognize. However, since you're still under warranty might have an easier time. To be a little fair, I was never able to reproduce the problem at the dealer (and didn't go back when I figured out how to reproduce it).

Back