• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Recent content by yrwei52

1. yrwei52

Blose Dash Speakers

We all know the technical data on Bose are hard to find. I’ve seen some electrical specs and high-level diagram from Mazda workshop manual which have listed some Bose info. As far as “Twiddler®“: RE-DESIGNED 2014 MAZDA6 FEATURES A LIGHTWEIGHT AND EFFICIENT BOSE® SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM
  2. yrwei52

'16 CX-5 Sport 2.5L Drive Belt tensioner is leaking

Yes. Or just wipe the rubber boot with a clean paper towel.
  3. yrwei52

2017+ CX-5 AWD Differential Fluid Change

2016 CX-9 has SkyActiv-G 2.5T with 6-speed SkyActiv-Drive transmission which is the same setup as top trim 2019 / 2020 CX-5‘s. The 6-speed transmissions all have the same design with some minor tweaks and different gear ratios. You can see the official transmission workshop documents in the...
  4. yrwei52

If you’re going to DIY, use OEM parts. Yes, you should get the serpentine belt, and even the inner water pump belt although the water pump belt usually lasts a lot longer, replaced at the same time to save the labor cost. And check the price for OEM parts at BAM, they may not be much more...
  5. yrwei52

2017~2020 Dead batteries

For this kind of tedious problem, dealer is the best place to go. Besides, it’s free.
  6. yrwei52

Optima Battery Fitment - 2014 CX-5 Touring

I’m in Texas too and the OEM battery on my 2016 CX-5 is about to need replacement. Since any kind of battery would be difficult to last long in hot Texas, my theory is that it’s a waste of money to get very expensive battery in Texas. The AutoZone AGM battery you currently have is more...
  7. yrwei52

2017~2020 Dead batteries

And may be that’s why the previous owner dumped this 2018 CX-5 with only 19,000 miles so early ⋯ Check the history of warranty service at any Mazda dealers of your CX-5 if I were you.
  8. yrwei52

2017~2020 Dead batteries

Do you have a Mazda dealer checking out the problem? High tech or not, you should never have to worry too much about key fob placement or your CX-5 do have problems!
  9. yrwei52

New competitor: 2021 Toyota Venza

Thanks for the info. I agree the rear end design of this new Toyota Venza is nice, and the whole vehicle looks much better than ugly new RAV4. Since it does offer an optional V6, I wonder if the Venza is in between RAV4 and Highlander size wise?
  10. yrwei52

2017~2020 Dead batteries

And OP should not waste his time and money further, and take the 2018 CX-5 to the Mazds dealer for warranty service. Not sure how did OP get the new battery, but the battery should be tested at first before the replacement. Can OP get OEM battery and money back?
  11. yrwei52

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yes. But I’d double check the alignment from the other end, and try not to use wrench and never use too much force for initial turns. But again, it’s easy to be said than done. And I found I’m making more mistakes at older age than young, mainly because I’m trying to take short cut more to...
  12. yrwei52

Since I airways DIY, I’d rather to get more expensive OEM parts making sure the good quality and fit. Lifetime warranty for such part is meanness to me as the labor of my time is more expensive. If I have to choose one between the two, Gates is the one, not AC Delco.
  13. yrwei52

Blose Dash Speakers

They’re both 3.25-inch (8cm) mid-range paper-cone Twiddler® but the center one has bigger magnet which may indicate it has higher power rating. And you may have problem to put the Bose center dash speaker into the side dash location due to the bigger magnet. Once very popular Polk Audio DB351...
  14. yrwei52

Dealer Has 2019 Diesel Signature - Nobody Will Buy It

Yes Mazda had stopped selling once the most popular CX-5 diesel model in Taiwan due to sudden overheating problem without any warnings on older MYs.
  15. yrwei52

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Or admit it, we all are getting older ⋯ ;)