Recent content by Xcel64

1. X

Armrest storage box

Just got the console storage box from eBay seller. Perfect fit, I just made front USB port a tad wider so the iPod shuffle could fully insert. Was even able to keep the small standard tray in place, sitting on top of new box. Kuddos to OP for the find and sharing experience, as my first attempt...
  2. X

Armrest storage box

Thanks for answers and pics. Just ordered, now to wait 2-4 weeks.
  3. X

Armrest storage box

Thank you. I also have one that looked exactly the same, bought at AMZN and was so much a pain in the neck to install (hacking involved, described earlier on thread) that requires brute force to remove it. Glad to hear not the case with this one, might be heading there.
  4. X

Armrest storage box

@lowincash, great to hear, appreciate sharing. A few questions if you don't mind: A) Country, trim & year of your CX5? USA Touring'17? B) How easy is to remove the insert? Just grab by side tabs and slides out? C) Can you still use the little tray that comes standard with the CX5? D) Mind...
  5. X

Armrest storage box

Looks like could fit Wished seller had some pictures with tray installed on console. At least the front hole for ports access seems well thought, hopefully tray either sits on rails, or is narrower than them so can easily drop in place and be removed. if someone ends buying this one, would...
  6. X

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Front window tint Had front windows tinted today. Was advised couldn't match rear privacy glass (believe 20%), as TX maximum is 25%. Now to remember to not depress the windows lock button and keep my fingers out of the "do not roll" tape for 3-5 days. Interestingly, seems makes the interior...
  7. X

Did a great job, thanks for sharing pics. Wished you were in TX instead of FL.... although the 5% tint on front windows would get you in trouble here ;)
  8. X

Blacked out chrome looks very nice with the gray color. Have been tinkering with the idea of doing that to my Sonic Silver. What did you use? Plasti-dip? Vinyl? Tape?
  9. CX-5 center console insert installed front with std tray.JPG

CX-5 center console insert installed front with std tray.JPG

10. X

Armrest storage box

Thought a few pics could assist: Shows the cut I made into the base so could store items under insert. Not a nice looking cut, but the mat -along a little piece of carton- covers it Top view of the "hacked" insert installed, showing all mats in place Front view of the "hacked" insert...
  11. CX-5 center console insert installed top.jpg

CX-5 center console insert installed top.jpg

12. CX-5 center insert top with base cutout.jpg

CX-5 center insert top with base cutout.jpg

13. X

Armrest storage box

Did it fit right away? Right after getting my CX-5 ~3 months ago bought one organizer on AMZN that looks almost identical and didn't fit, was as wide as the tabs inside the console that hold the sliding tray while this organizer is meant to go through them and sit right on top of the USB, SD...
  14. X

2017 2018 Rear Cargo Mat - OEM

Nice find! Price dropped ~$10 from same dealer over the past 5-6 weeks. I liked so much how it looked that went ahead and ordered the all weather mat set
  15. X

Infotainment Hack

I sure wish someone in the Houston, TX area offered the serial cable hack as a service. I got .504 fw on my Dec17 CX-5 and nor am I handy to attempt taking pieces of the dashboard yet, neither Linux savvy. I guess can keep wishing.... or wait until MZD supports AA/ACP... but not holding my...
Back