Recent content by wlong01

1. W

2021 CX-5 GT Reserve...Only some Contacts Import

Did you ask him how come if you can only import 50 you got 61?
  2. W

2013~2016 When should the diff fluid be changed?

You're right on that. I asked the dealer when the tranny fluid should be replaced and they said never. Tried to tell me it was a sealed system. I'll ask them to check the diff level when I take it in mid summer and hold off replacing the tranny and diff/transfer case fluid until I reach 40k...
  3. W

2013~2016 When should the diff fluid be changed?

Have 31,000 on my 2016 CX-5, just turned 6 yrs old. Will take it in mid summer for its once a year oil change. It's not driven hard (hardly driven), hasn't gone through high water, etc. Should it get changed along with the oil?
  4. W

Why? Key fob buttons so small?

Nope. I usually walk up and open the door for whoever needs to get in. It's not that hard, if you press the button on the passenger door it will unlock all doors. Two presses on the driver's door unlocks all. Touching the button on the hatch raises the hatch.
  5. W

Why? Key fob buttons so small?

No, there's a button on the hatch to open plus one inside to the left of the steering wheel. The only thing I ever use the fob for is to allow me to enter and start the vehicle. It never leaves my pocket.
  6. W

Transmission issues (Loss of power)?

Was the loaner a turbo by any chance? There's a big difference in performance between the 2.5 NA and 2.5 turbo. I have both and it's night and day. Not sure what limp mode feels like since I've never had it happen. I think I remember seeing somewhere where it will not exceed 2000 rpm so you...
  7. W

I'm not sure if it was an actual recall as opposed to a TSB. Due to the severity of the problem I would think it would be a recall. You can check with the dealer, they will know. And yes, it was a software update if the rocker arm is still intact. People who had the rocker arm come loose...
  8. W

Drive train warranty is still in effect so take it to the dealer and have them check it out completely, including you and tech test driving it so you can explain to him what the problem is. If the vehicle is slowing when descending a hill then it might be engine braking which I rarely ever...
  9. W

Help me Choose a CX-5

Just search this site for the high mileage threads and read them. Lots of good info.
  10. W

2018 CX-5 liftgate not opening

Glad it was something simple. Time for a new battery anyway.
  11. W

This may be adding more confusion to the mix and may not even work. We know disconnecting the negative terminal works. I've fixed my problem, another op on this forum fixed his problem and Mazda service says it fixes the problem. Trying to find the correct fuses in 2 different locations seems...
  12. W

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Keep looking.
  13. W

Before taking it to the dealer do this. Remove the negative battery terminal and wait a few minutes then put back and tighten. Try the hatch. That's the hatch reset. Fixed mine and somebody else's on this forum
  14. W

2017~2021 What's everybody using to remove scratches in clearcoat?

Thanks, good video. I think I'll give the Meguiars a shot.
  15. W

Evil M horn ring on 2016 CX-5

People have too much time on their hands.