Recent content by wither48

1. W

Help with cam gear

Ah, no I had them identified, just didn't know which way the gears went
  2. W

Help with cam gear

They don't even mention the 2.0 when it comes to a lot of specs. Like there's hardly any mention of the newer motors, with the emphasis on the older sohc chain driven 323 motors
  3. W

Help with cam gear

I appreciate that. I bought the Haynes book but it's got next to nothing about the 2.0
  4. W

Help with cam gear

Oh I feel dumb. Thanks guys
  5. W

Help with cam gear

Hey all, replacing my head gasket and I'm trying to figure out the correct orientation of the cam gears on the camshaft. Anyone have some photos or a way that I can figure out which of the two slots on the gears to use?
  6. W

New acquisition

It wasn't smoking at all before the head gasket went, but now it's making very bad compression. The head gasket is total toast, so it won't even start
  7. W

New acquisition

Perfect. as for the head coming off, I can just turn it to tdc and then mark the cams and head right? So that I know where they go
  8. W

New acquisition

I'll probably hold off on the rings then tbh. If it ends up needing them I'd rather do it properly and with bearings too
  9. W

New acquisition

Is there any way to do that without pulling the engine? I was hoping to make this somewhat quick in terms of tear down
  10. W

New acquisition

Hey everyone! Picked this bad boy up recently for a song and in need of some love. I'm waiting on parts at the moment, but I'm gonna be doing a head gasket, water pump, timing set, and some small maintenance items to go with it. I'm going to have a machine shop look at the head to make sure its...
Back