Recent content by volvovod

1. V

AWD compared

No, they were all equipped with different tires. However, sometimes ignorance is bliss: Subaru and BMW (yes, that's right - the ones that aced the test) had summer tires, while Mazda, Hyundai, and VW wore winter tires. To add insult to injury, Mazda was the only one that had the studded tires...
  2. V

AWD compared

While I agree that Mazda didn't look especially great, according to the narrator it did overall better than both, RAV 4 and Tucson...
  3. V

2017~2024 The truth about Mazdas according to Scotty

The only Mazdas that I've owned were designed during Ford era (2004 MPV and 2009 Mazda5), neither had transmission problems. However, I have to admit that Mazda parts sometimes were expensive, in fact, what really shocked me was that some parts were pricier than similar parts for my previous...
  4. V

New to me 2016 CX-5 Sport AWD

Wow! Honda really knows their stuff! Can you imagine a 110 year old CX-5? They don't make them like that any more...
  5. V

Who inherited my car?

It's been a while since I traded my 3-peadal 2009 Mazd5 in. It was a great car and I always loved it but my commute has changed to a 100 mile round trip and, as many of you know, 5-speed Mazda5 is anything but quite on the highway, so slightly over a year ago I went to the dark side and became...
  6. V

Ready for a 2nd-Gen Seven-Seater Mazda CX-5?

I am not so sure. I do not think additional hardware (at least if it is similar to that of Mazda5) would weigh too much, certainly no more than 100 lbs. How much does SkyActive's fuel economy suffer when you put a child in a passenger seat? Is there a significant fuel penalty to be paid on...
  7. V

Ready for a 2nd-Gen Seven-Seater Mazda CX-5?

Cramped cabin? Have you ever seen Mazda5 with its disappearing third row? And stop this CX-9/Minivan crap - by the same logic, if you are traveling alone most of the time, why did you buy a 3500 pound car? Get a scooter! Or birth control... Back to the topic: An inexpensive compact AWD 5+2...
  8. V

Retractable cargo cover (black)

It is stil available...
  9. V

wind noise from the floor of my M5

Hello and welcome to the forum! Are you sure it is wind noise? I had what I thought was wind (or tire) noise coming from the same area at high speed (2009 Mazda 5) that turned out to be coming from a defective wheel bearing. Having said that, Mazda 5 is a great car but (in my opinion) it...
  10. V

No more Mazda in the family

I am still visiting this board - can't get zoom-zoom out of my blood(first). I also still have all the items above in my garage and really no use for them. In addition, I realized that my Mazda5 specific Thule roof rack does not fit my new car, so it is also available. Make an offer.
  11. V

Retractable cargo cover (black)

Retractable cargo cover (black) I sold my M5 and the cargo cover is looking for a new home. $80/BO List Date: 3/11/2016 For more info, click here to view the original listing: Retractable cargo cover (black) -------------------------------------- On Sale For: $80.00...
  12. V

Subaru Legacy. In the feature per dollar spent it is in Mazda5's league. The highway ride is much more pleasant and it really handles well. Acceleration feels similar to 5. I miss Mazda steering and the 3rd pedal though...
  13. V

Over the years I took a number of long trips in this car and never complained. However, when I started driving long distance on daily basis, I realized that the car is noisy and the ride is somewhat harsh. I am probably getting old(stoned) Many years ago I used to drive 130 miles a day in a...
  14. V

I did not want to say "Goodbye" as I am sure I will keep checking this forum. However, on this Monday our family has officially become Mazdaless. First time in 12 years. Our 5 is gone (has been traded in) and, hopefully, will find a new and (I am sure) happy owner. I liked the car very...
Back