Recent content by unixxus

1. U

Mazda developing staight-six engines

This now makes sense of the Mazda patent that was filed about two years ago featuring a twin turbo charger and electric supercharger inline six HCCI engine in a longitudinal layout. Can't wait for more information on this!! (drinks)...
  2. U

Mazda developing staight-six engines

One of the information nuggets in Mazda's yearly financial report released today was that they are developing straight-six skyactiv-X and diesel engines. These will most likely find their way to the yet to be released SUV to be built in Alabama and the next CX-9. They also mentioned...
  3. U

What new Mazda reveal at 2019 NY autoshow?

CX-5 Diesel.....
  4. U

2019 CX-5 Diesel

California Air Resources Board this month just issued emissions certifications for 2019 2WD and 4WD Cx-5 with the 2.2 diesel engine. No telling when we might actual see them on the road. It is possible Mazda might announce something during next month's Chicago auto show...
  5. U

Is this push to premium really new for Mazda?

It is my understanding that production will be coming first from Japan while the Mexican plant is being retooled to produce the new model. Current model is sourced from both Mexico and Japan. I suspect the the new model will continue with that. Models with the new Skyactiv-X engines will most...
  6. U

2019 CX-9 feature list

That would be cost prohibitive and almost impossible to do. Will most likely require new seats, wiring and update to the climate control system. You'd be better off trading in for the 2019.
  7. U

2019 CX-9 feature list

Yeah, I hope for the 2019 CX-9 they've improved on what was in the 2018 Mazda6. Not sure if the low resolution image issue is software or hardware related.
  8. U

2019 CX-9 feature list

Mazda just released the feature list for the 2019 CX-9 which will be rolling into dealerships between this month and September. Key new features and updates are listed below - Android Auto/Apple Carplay - Retuned suspension - Thicker headliner and floor mats - 360 surround view monitor -...
  9. U

2019 CX-5 getting 2.5 Turbo engine??

(iagree)
  10. U

(iagree)
  11. U

In the US, I'd suspect it would be the GT and a new Signature trim.
  12. U

If the surprising information just posted on the California Air Resource Board's website is accurate, the 2019 CX-5 will be getting the 2.5 Turbo found in the CX-9 as an option. (drinks) https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2019/mazda_ldt_a0160456_2d5_u3-125.pdf
  13. U

New CX-5 GS vibration issue

Mazda has an indoor facility for cold weather testing up to -40F. I am surprised this problem did not show up during their tests https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/the-mazda-way/cars-for-drivers/extreme-measure/
  14. U

2.5 Litre Turbo coming to CX-5 sooner than we thought?

Mazda's press release on the upcoming LA auto-show clearly states "updated Mazda CX-5, which adopts the same SKYACTIV-G 2.5 with cylinder deactivation as the new Mazda6, will both make their North American debut at the L.A. Auto Show". The CX-5 will eventually get the diesel engine and as such...
  15. U

CX-9 turbo 4 coming to the 6!

Cylinder deactivation is only on the non-turbo engine. The mpg figures will be better than the CX-9 due to the lower weight of the Mazda6.
Back