Recent content by toastyghosty

1. T

Thinking about buying a 2014 Mazda3 with some 'issues' Your thoughts?

As others have mentioned it all depends on how well cared for the vehicle was for those 72k miles. Take this with a grain of salt but that certainly does sound like quite a few issues for that sort of mileage. In the past month I picked up a used 2014 Mazda3i sport sedan MT, with over 180k...
  2. T

CX-9 GT Remote starter - worth it ?

I have the Fortin on my 2018 CX-9, works great for cooling down the car with A/C in the Summer and warming the cabin in the Winter. Unlike the factory starter and my old 2015 CX-5, it's not going to turn on the heat or A/C automatically, it's just whatever setting you've left your car at when...
  3. T

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Just finished installing the hardware tonight. After reading all the resources here and the other Mazda forums and YouTube, found the least amount of removing interior panels etc, was to just remove the side trim pieces on both the passenger and driver side (saves you from removing the...
  4. T

'18 GT - Roof Cross Bars

I was in the same boat, just bought the OEM cross bars and I have the Thule Force L which is the slightly wider and shorter (compared to XL) box. It fits perfectly and with the box itself being adjustable in terms of sliding front and back you can get it sitting as far back as possible without...
  5. T

2017 CX-9 rusting paint? Only been through one winter

That looks similar to some brown sap I've had on my car are you sure it is rust? Claybar took up the stubborn tree sap for me.
  6. T

2016 CX-9 Wiper Blade Connector

It's been 3 model years now for the 2nd gen CX-9 has anyone been able to locate after market compatible direct replacements?
  7. T

'18 CX-9 and Fortin Remote Car Starter...Success!

MattGoose, whenever you disconnect the battery the safety mechanism causes the one touch windows to no longer function. It's similar to if you get something caught in the window going up (eg. a child). To reset it (has to be done for all 4 windows), just roll down the window all the way by...
  8. T

WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiner for 2016 CX-9

I have the Maxliner floormats for all 3 rows and can confirm the third row is all one piece. It too has the same issues as the OEM where if you don't have it positioned just right it'll get caught and bound up when sliding the 2nd row seats. Alternatively it is flexible enough to tuck under...
  9. T

2016-2018 CX 9 rear tunnel mat

Weathertech is the known brand for sure. Just like 3d maxpider, Maxliner is another brand that I got purely because of price, but they're pretty much the same.
  10. T

2016-2018 CX 9 rear tunnel mat

When I was looking at mats I was contemplating the OEM mats, but then decided I wanted to make sure the tunnel was covered as well. It looks like that's an OEM cover that Volvo makes, I'm curious if there's any third party companies that make them. You already have mats but if you're even...
  11. T

MirrorTap for 2018 CX9 GT help?

I just did the mirror tap for my dash cam on the 2018 CX-9 GT. Have the 4 wires as well. The black wire in the 3rd position is ground. The blue wire with the black stripe in the first position is powered when the car is on only. Those are the two wires I tapped. As for the light being on...
  12. T

Programmable Liftgate?

What greggmischenko noted is correct, it's the same for the 2018. It is detailed on page 3-28 in the 2018 manual: Changing the power liftgate fully open position The power liftgate fully-open position can be changed according to the height of a garage. When changing the position Stop the...
  13. T

2012 CX-9 Carpets/Mats

FS in classifieds even beyond this forum mean For Sale
Back