Recent content by tke711

1. T

2018 CX-9 Recall for harness concern

Picked it up at lunch and it's all fixed up. The only answer I got regarding working in the cargo area was having to trace some of the wiring. What ever that means. Talked to the dealer about buying the extended warranty. While they offered me a "discount", it would still be more...
  2. T

If you have the MyMazda app and are loggin in with your VIN, it will tell you if your car is on the recall list.
  3. T

Took mine in yesterday to have the recall fixed. Evidently, I was the guinea pig as I was the first one my local dealership had done. Late in the day, I received a call that there was a problem. The mechanic made the repair, but now the car won't start. Basically, the "fix" ended...
  4. T

Question for CX-9 2016+ Owners

I've had my 2018 CX-9 just 6 months, but I'll answer what I can. - Engine noise is very quiet at 80mph. Haven't looked at the RPM's though. - I have no rattling noises - Transmission is smooth during downshift in traffic - There are ambient lights in the doors and one overhead that you can...
  5. T

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Sounds like you need to clean up your music library on your phone. :) I had to do the same thing when I got Apple CarPlay. Spent a lot of time cleaning up my music library and creating playlists to make it easier to use.
  6. T

While moving, Apple CarPlay will only display so much information. When stopped, all my playlist show up, for example, but only a few show while driving. I find the best way to use Apple CarPlay for music is to simply use voice commands. Hit the voice button on the steering wheel and tell...
  7. T

New CX-9 owner

For sure get Apple CarPlay. I use it all the time.
  8. T

A not-so-positive review of the 2019 CX-9 Signature

I think "best in class" is pretty subjective. What I might find as best in class, others probably won't. For instance, I drove the Pilot and Highland before buying my CX-9, and to me, the CX-9 was most definitely the best of that class of like-priced vehicles of the same size. Other people...
  9. T

A not-so-positive review of the 2019 CX-9 Signature

That's exactly it, and what gets frustrating with all car reviews these days. It seems like reviewers are constantly comparing everything against a luxury alternative, which is not comparing apples to apples. Does the CX-9 have some shortcomings? Sure. Show me a car that doesn't...
  10. T

Snow causing front sensors to beep incessantly...

I turn mine off when snow or ice builds up on the front end and covers the sensors to the point that it beeps every time I'm at a stop light. When I park, I wipe off the sensors and turn it back on. The sensors do stop beeping once you get up to speed as well. While this is a problem on all...
  11. T

What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Im assuming you mean the CarPlay update as the ProClip was do it yourself. :) I just bought the CX 9 a month and a half ago and negotiated the Apple CarPlay update in the deal. So, I either got a good deal or screwed depending how they worked the numbers on me. ;)
  12. T

With the Apple CarPlay update installed in my 2018, I was annoyed there wasn't a clean place to leave my iPhone when plugged in. Ended up buying the ProClip mount and really like it. Blends in nicely and keeps the phone in place and in view. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEzLJWiJqk
  13. T

Its installed and fits great! Has a nice grip to the surface as well to stop things from sliding too bad. For the price, i think its excellent!
  14. T

Only had my 2018 CX-9 GT for a month and half but first order of business was a MaxLiner cargo liner. Picked it over the Weathertech due to price and flexibility. (Its flexible enough to allow the third row to come up and not crack or break) Fits well and does the job at a great price...
  15. T

Thanks again! At least I now wont look stupid bringing it up to my service tech. Lol.
Back