Recent content by theblooms

1. theblooms

Audio Wire diagram for OEM Head Unit Mazda6 2014

I get it with the kids. Totally. We had a FAST Camaro that we used to race on the weekends. I loved that car. But when the kids came, the Camaro went. For the tweeters, I suggest placing the crossovers behind the kick panels and simply running new speaker wire to them straight up from there...
  2. IMG_20210301_075625121.jpg

IMG_20210301_075625121.jpg

3. theblooms

Car Issues After Low Battery From Sitting A While (2016 CX-5)

Walmart has by far the best prices on batteries. Get a group 35 Everstart Maxx from them. And when you know that you're not driving the car for an extended period, say for 2 months, either put a tender on it, or simply unhook the negative cable.
  4. theblooms

I've tried 5 sets of ignition coils! 2020 CX-5

There is absolutely no reason to change an ignition coil unless yours are failing. When I sold my 3 at 230,000 miles, it was still on the original packs, and they still worked fine. Same thing goes for oxygen sensors. (or any other sensor for that matter). If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  5. theblooms

You're way overthinking this A couple of things: #1: what DSP are you running? With Hertz and Steg, you know what high end is. If you don't have one, get one. All you need is a single pair or RCA outputs to feed the DSP. The DSP will take care of all the rest. #2: ditch the factory head unit...
  6. theblooms

Just use a PAC AOEM-MAZ2 interface. Not cutting required with that harness.
  7. theblooms

Mazda5 Second Gen (08/09) to Third Gen (2012) Front Bumper Swap

I guess I'm confused. Where are you located? There are only 2 generations of MZ5, the 06-10, and the 12-15. (And notice there's no 2011 MZ5) What other generation do you know about?
  8. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

Which is why you have to save up until you do. I haven't made a car payment since 1999. I learned the hard way that instant gratification inevitably leads to disaster. I cannot tell you how BROKE we really were. 3 months behind on the mortgage. Getting our lights and water cut off. Not even...
  9. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

Car sales tax in my state is capped at $500. Doesn't matter if you're buying $2,000,000 Ferrari or a $7,500 2015 Mazda3.
  10. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

In the last 31 years, I've spent roughly $35,000 on my Mazdas. That's purchase price and replacement of non-routine worn parts like timing belts ($50 on my old 323 and Protege every 75,000), shocks, control arms and wheel bearings (about $60 each every 200,000 miles). Never had to do any other...
  11. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

I read your entire post, and I understand that you're a salesman with something to sell. The one thing you forgot to mention about renting car, even your Maserati, is that you spend THOUSANDS of dollars on your rental, and when the term is over, you're looking at an empty driveway. Even though...
  12. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

That is COMPLETELY incorrect. Total myth. Millionaires have *zero* debt. Read #4. https://www.ramseysolutions.com/retirement/habits-of-millionaires-and-billionaires
  13. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

Not if you can't get a job other than Starbucks or Home Depot with your "University Studies" degree.
  14. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

No, it's not. Not at all. Debt is evil, period. When you're debt free, the freedom that comes with it is truly a blessing, both financially and psychologically.
Back