Recent content by tawrus80

1. T

Passenger Axle carrier bearing (2014 Mazda5)

Cool, thanks. Some questions... Are the dust seals reusable? In hindsight, I should have gotten new ones. Is the bearing pre-packed with grease? Is it possible to remove the carrier while leaving the intermediate shaft in place and supported?
  2. T

I believe I found the bearing; https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/products/1871161/GG3025155.html I ordered it along with various other clips and things my Mazda is missing. I'm way too excited about it. lol In the coming weeks, I'll dive into replacing the bearing and will try to remember...
  3. T

My 2014 M5 had increasing wheel bearing noise from the front over the past year, so I finally replaced both, along with axles too due to leaking boots. One bearing was obviously bad and the noise is mostly gone now, but there is still some and it isn't obvious which corner it is. I'm thinking...
  4. T

Intermittent not starting - 2012 Mazda5

I tried the hammer trick on a car a long time ago which didn't help. Never figured out what that car's issue ended up being, though. I'll keep a mallet in the car and show the missus what to do next time. If the pump wouldn't getting full voltage, then I was thinking a bad connection...
  5. T

Wouldn't low fuel pressure cause drivability issues? To me, it seems like the pump is having a hard time getting started up, hopefully due to age instead of something like a weak voltage. See my other thread I just created; https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/intermittent-hard-start-issue.123876991/...
  6. T

Mazda5 Intermittent hard start issue

For a year or so now, every once in a while the 5 would have to crank for a while before sputtering to life. 95+% of the time it starts immediately and there's never an issue once running. This last weekend, it wouldn't fire up. Initial cranking resulted in a little bit of firing, but it...
  7. T

I'm hoping you can update with what the problem ended up being as I'm having the same symptoms. Doesn't seem like a battery problem to me as it cranks fine and is intermittent.
  8. T

Mazda5 real-world Mileage numbers

Browsing around, researching an intermittent no-fire issue and came across this thread. Thought I'd share my underwhelming stats...
  9. T

Mazda 5

I'd check the oil level. It's not uncommon for kids to put too much which will cause running issues and even destroy your cat.
  10. T

Fuel pressure regulator

My wife is reporting the same symptoms; a few seconds of cranking before finally starting and runs fine afterward. So far it has only happened when sitting outside, but doesn't seem to be dependant on weather. 🤷‍♂️ Curious what you've tried, Freerojo.
  11. T

How to crank without starting

If i wanted to crank the engine and prevent it from firing, what would be the easiest way to do that? I tried looking for a fuel cutoff switch, but no luck. I'm not confident that it would prevent it from running for a short while anyway. Thanks.
  12. T

Speed3 Valve cover on a 5 ??

Hmm... looks like a deal breaker unless one wanted to invest in getting it filled and machined. BTW, the embedded image is broken for me. I had to right-click and open in a new window to see it.
  13. T

Mazda5 real-world Mileage numbers

Drove down to Disneyland and back and got 29 MPG average over 850 miles. 3 occupants, lots of luggage, A/C running on low most of the way, 70-80 MPH, tires inflated to 44 psi, some traffic. I kept the automatic in manual mode so it would stay in 5th gear when going up steep inclines.
  14. T

Hitch Questions

I assume the 2-bike limit is after a safety factor is calculated in. I'm sure you could drive around with 4 with no problem for years, but an extreme situation (unavoidable large bump at speed) could cause it eventually to break which would be a huge danger to traffic behind you.
  15. T

Driving Lights / Fog Lights

If you use them for their intended purpose (to illuminate the lane borders in low visibility) or even just at night beause they look cool, then you'll want to stick with an H11 bulb as anything else will change the beam pattern to the point where you will lose the cutoff and create glare for...
Back