Recent content by Tamn

1. T

Protege5: Harder, not Smarter!

Hm you are right, I used the same measurement locations of the stock locations I used before on the recaro's, but now that the seat has moved back and is floor mounted it is back further. Everything is still just tack welded until I got it finalized. I can move the eye bolts to the bar directly...
  2. T

Here I am wedging in the old dashboard brace to mock up the steering wheel placement. Oh the joys of only 2 hands. More floor triangulation Added eyebolts for the harness mounts. You better believe I sat in that and made turbo noises.
  3. T

Yes.
  4. T

Welp, the foam plug ended up breaking apart too easily when I tried pulling the seat, so it was not reusable. The body filler ended up sticking as well, meaning I spent a good 20 hours with a razor blade and a chisel scraping the filler off the carbon shell. So it is still unfinished, I need to...
  5. T

Tow weave, it works well for flat area's, less forgiving on tight curves than twill. Makes some cool checkerboard patterns too :)
  6. T

Okies, I continued shaping and sanding/smoothing/building up area's on the mold. I primered her 5 times sanding between each coat, waxed her 10 times and pva'd. Seat with be 2 layers of main kevlar sandwich between 3 layers of carbon tow and 2 layers of twill. Twill reinforcements on the more...
  7. T

Possibly, if I don't I'm just gonna make new top plates for them and put them on the talon
  8. T

1020 DOM Carbon Steel, I was torn over 4130 chromoly or 1020, in the end I chose 1020 as this is my first car build and I don't have the welding expertise that 4130 requires to not embrittle on the hard node welds. People always say chromoly is so much more expensive and to just use DOM, but it...
  9. T

Push rod (sorry read wrong), to the bellcranks located inboard and independent suspension all around 4 corners. No a/c, no power steering, no power brakes, no stereo (probably), electric heater/blower out of a cessna, rad fans still undecided on size and single vs twin.
  10. T

New coils I will be using compared to yellowspeeds, 3.5 pounds per corner for an ~80% reduction in weight over stock. Picked up an aluminum crank pulley and a waterpump pulley. What real fitment is, not that stance stuff.... Mazdaspeed Protege wing I'm building for someone...
  11. T

Pulled her out into the driveway today, base chassis is nearly complete, I can start tacking in the braces now.
  12. T

The studs are always an upgrade over stock :) the sr20 rod bearings I chose because ACL makes them in their race series materials, resulting in less friction. Skyline RB25DETT rod bearings will also fit, they are the same parts just packs of 4 vs 6. They have oil grooves in the bearing surface...
  13. T

After over 3 years of collecting parts, the engine is finally going back together.... Yay! So to check piston ring gap oil your bores with your fingertip, take your ring and put the holes up, and slide it down. Then take your piston, and push it down evenly. Cheers!
  14. T

Haha yea all over that ;)
  15. T

Between this and the previous updates I did about 40 hours of work into the chassis. I finished the passenger cell completely minus the roll bar and the bracing, all bracing will be added after the basic framework is completed to minimize warping from welding. This was a very tricky piece...
Back