Recent content by ta240

1. T

How many miles on your CX-5?

CX-5 year? 2013 CX-5 miles? 301,000 CX-5 issues till date? hood glue recall, programming recall CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] Self Comments doesn't burn any oil, feels solid everywhere. Anyone else top 300,000?
  2. T

Strange electrical issue

excellent idea. I'll check all the connections and clean the grounds. I pulled and reinserted all the relays in the fuse box. All the connections on those were clean.
  3. T

Strange electrical issue

Hi, I have a 2012 Mazda3 with the 2.5l engine. We were driving along for about 15 minutes and the interior light suddenly turned on and then faded out like it does when you shut off the car and get out. About 10 minutes later we slowed down in traffic to nearly a stop and as we accelerated...
  4. T

Check engine light but no codes

Over a period of about two months my 2013 CX-5 has had the check engine light come on but not had any codes stored twice. The light stays on until I disconnect the battery. I didn't know it was possible for it to light without a code. Has anyone else run into this?
  5. T

hatch taillight install 2012

For any later generations that stumble on this thread: The key is to not try to take short cuts. Remove the light completely from the car and then put the longer 'L' shaped bracket on with it slid into the appropriate slot on the tail light (a slot that is nearly impossible to see with it in...
  6. T

Change automatic transmission fluid?

I first changed the fluid in mine at about 20,000 miles due to issues with really hard shifts (and was chastised online for doing it). It immediately improved the shifting. Over the years since then I've done a double drain and fill about 4 more times. I use an extractor pump that sucks the...
  7. T

That was the 'good' photo out of the bunch. It is hard to get at an angle that shows inside with enough light but doesn't wash everything out. The important part in the picture is the inside the opening where the plastic bracket ends short of the metal hatch skin. I'm hoping someone that has...
  8. hl2.jpg

hl2.jpg

9. hl1.jpg

hl1.jpg

10. T

On the hatch part of the taillight on a 2012 there are two parts that slide over studs on the light assembly and are held on with nuts; they are designed to press against the inside of the hatch to hold the light in place when tightened down. There is one that fits right in against the light...
  11. tl.jpg

tl.jpg

12. T

Continental True Contact Review

Welcome to the lawsuit happy world. It doesn't matter if the tire really would give out under normal driving. If anything tragic happens in that vehicle the lawyers will look for anyone and everyone they can list as a defendant. Putting perfectly fine tires that didn't match specs exactly...
  13. T

Four used Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus Tires 225/55-19

Four used Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus Tires 225/55-19 Set of 4 used tires, no holes, no patches, no sidewall damage. Two have approximately 7/32" tread left and two have approximately 9/32" tread left. Price shown is for the set of 4 tires. Ship by UPS to the continental United States...
  14. T

Vehicle or Dealership causing you headaches?

"they were rude and combative before I even got irritated(like off the bat as a strategy even though i was cool and understanding" sometimes I think we don't always come off as cool and understanding as we think. "if something else comes up I am calling Mazda north America like you did and...
  15. T

Erroneous low tire pressure warning?

Actually it can only detect differences in the rotation between the different tires. If you start at 36 and then they all get reduced to 31 it won't go off since they are all spinning the same amount. Because as Mike pointed out it has no master reference for how fast the vehicle is actually...
Back