Recent content by sunrun176

1. S

What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

Got the Power Steering Pump Recall done, so that's one less thing in my life to worry about this summer...
  2. S

In the past couple of weeks.. turned over 30K, got an oil change, got a leaky TPMS sensor o-ring replaced, replaced the wipers (front and rear; 3rd replacement on the front, first replacement for the rear.. waited entirely too long on that; nice to have the rear wiper working again) and cleaned...
  3. S

Oh, and just turned over 30K. Time for an oil change... (yippy)
  4. S

Update RE: low-beams installed back in January Well.. they BOTH went out within the past 3 days -- roughly half the time the OEMs lasted; left went out on Weds., right went out yesterday. Good thing they're satisfaction guaranteed for 12 months, but since that requires returning them to the...
  5. S

Horn trouble

UPDATE: So, it's working again... through no fault of my own. Since it had stopped working I'd been in the habit of double-locking it anyway and re-double-locking it before getting in it when I'm heading somewhere, just on the off chance that it might decide to work. Tues., after complaining...
  6. S

Let's see some Mazda3 5-doors

Dunno about mine... So far they've proven to be solid performers but functionally unbalanceable (is that even a word?) -- nasty harmonic vibration at 50-60mph if they're rotationally out of sync w/ each other. One of them needs 5oz (!) to be balanced. I can't really afford to replace them for...
  7. S

...Aaaand, just to get back on topic.. First one is raw, second is tweaked:
  8. IMG_2831.JPG

IMG_2831.JPG

9. IMG_2831_2.JPG

IMG_2831_2.JPG

10. S

Nice! Another of my favorite colors! :D I see you also have Dunlop SP Sport Signatures.. Like 'em?
  11. S

Horn trouble

I mounted it to the same bracket as the factory horn but, due to space constraints, I had to mount it sideways. At least I mounted it with the trumpets on the bottom and slightly tilted down. I would've thought that if it did get water in it it would've been evident as a problem when I used it...
  12. S

offset question!

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
  13. S

Stumped: Climate Control/Airflow Issue

Even according to the manual, when set to the top vents only some air will still flow through the lower vents. But it shouldn't be as much as when it's on the "face & floor" setting. Maybe relevant; maybe not.. I've noted with both 3s we've had that the airflow selector tends to favor the...
  14. S

temp gauge

It depends on the trim level (i.e. Sport, Touring, Grand Touring). IIRC, Sports never had the Ambient Temperature display enabled in the audio head unit, but Tourings and GTs did.
Back