• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!

Recent content by STudMUffin1177

1. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Unfortunately I ruined that nice paint job on the dash piece, paint was thin on the bottom and the primer was still showing through. I put another coat on but must have been too heavy handed, within 20 min it was covered in wrinkles. Hopefully I can sand it all down and just slap another coat or...
  2. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Managed to get the intakes mostly swapped, 02 is ready to go and 03 is waiting on paint to dry on a bracket. Had a new filter so I threw that on since the old one was filled with dirt. Started painting the center dash panel to see how it turns out, decided with that because I have another spare...
  3. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Small stuff today, cleaned up my wiring with some electrical tape (yellow of course) and zip ties. Swapped my rear headrests and front window switch panels, gotta keep the rice alive. Next I'm going to try to paint the center console and head unit surround to match and maybe door handles, how...
  4. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Frickin internet
  5. STudMUffin1177

P0455 - Not the gas cap

I'm dead
  6. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Also can anyone see pictures in the last 2 pages or so?
  7. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Well I was "essential" till yesterday now construction is shut down so that's me lol. Pro side to this outbreak is now I have time to work on my cars, downside is now i have no money to buy the parts i need 😭 What a wicked hit to my short lived joy. Also found my valve cover breather/crankcase...
  8. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Worked like a charm, used some heat shrink since I had it lying around. Glad to finally have tunes back in my daily, makes the commute that much easier. Thanks for the help man, I'm really confused why I didn't have to run a remote on the 02 p5. Was my amp constantly turned on and I just notice...
  9. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Where would I splice that wire to? I guess i mean how do a bring that power to my amp? I know it runs from the head unit to that rear sub, but in my last car I didn't have the spare tire sub and just spliced all me head unit wires, ran power and ground to the amp, ran my speaker wires from my...
  10. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Blue white wire correct? It seems the factory amp powers a couple speakers too?
  11. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Is my ground not good enough? Do I need to look for a more solid ground, maybe directly to the chassis? On yeller I ran the ground from the same spot but with no bracket
  12. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Sanded the ground, double checked all my wiring, all seems good. Still no power to the amp and sub, spare tire sub works when plugged in. I'm wondering if I need to find the power for that sub and cap that and shoot it over to my amp? Or maybe put a fuse in and a connector and run them both...if...
  13. STudMUffin1177

P0455 - Not the gas cap

Stood by the has cap area while it warmed up yesterday and noticed it is quite stinky. Not like no CATs stink like my other car, more of a sour(?) Smell. I'm gunna crawl under when I get a chance, it'd be nice if it was just a bad hose or loose fitting
  14. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

Amp fuses are good, just dusty. I've got the kid all morning, hopefully I'll get a chance to take a peek at it today
  15. STudMUffin1177

Slow NA Pro5 build

So..... put my 10" sub and Memphis amp in the 03 and am having problems. I have everything wired the same, even the head unit is the same. The amp isn't recieving power, or at least not powering on. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the msp stock sub in the spare tire well or that my...