Recent content by sts7049

1. S

Brakes... How many miles?

mine are getting squeaky sometimes after sitting overnight, but the pad thickness front and rear are still close to 60% life remaining at 62k. i'm probably going to change them soon because the rotors are starting to warp just slightly when slowing from highway speeds.
  2. S

Motor stalls when A/C tries to kick in

so this started happening after they serviced it? take it back and make them fix it.
  3. S

Better options for headlight bulbs

+1 for the DDM kit. I have it on my 2011 and it works great. Simple install as well.
  4. S

Roar, front end , front wheel bearings?

the tires are original?? how much tread life is left on them? worn tires can certainly make a roaring noise, even if you rotated them.
  5. S

just wondering if anyone keeps a fire extinguisher in their CX-9 ?

i don't carry one in mine. honestly, if there is a fire the only way the extinguisher will do any good is if it's quickly accessible...and i'm not keen on having one installed in the front of the car. in most situations, i'm getting out of the car to safety. that's why i have insurance.
  6. S

Extended Warrantee??

honestly, the cx9 is a fairly reliable car. i don't see it as worth the money. if you want the peace of mind, stick 50 bucks a month into an online savings account. that way you stash some away now and you save on the interest you'll pay with it as part of your loan.
  7. S

LED Headlights?

i tried a set of LED headlights from lifetime LED, but i just wasn't happy with their output. it was nowhere near bright enough, so i sent them back for a refund. i ended up installing the 35w 5000k DDM tuning HID kit instead and am very happy with it.
  8. S

Strange rumble/vibration issue at low speed

let us know how it works out!
  9. S

Strange rumble/vibration issue at low speed

i don't know that i have a good answer for you - but is there any slop in the wheel when you have it up in the air? just to rule out wheel bearings or anything like that.
  10. S

Extended Warranty..?

You'd be better off putting a couple hundred bucks a month into an online savings account /rainy day fund for the car.
  11. S

Which Fuse/Fuse Box?

What makes you think it's a fuse?
  12. S

2013 CX-9 loses SMS text messaging audio read out

I didn't have the same problem exactly, but I was having issues with the car downloading my full contact list. When I replaced the car battery though, and had the cable disconnected for awhile it reset itself and worked fine again. You might try that and see if it resets itself.
  13. S

Shifter lights

Probably need to check your forum settings, or there may be a box to check when you post that you want to be notified
  14. S

35% tint added all around...

i put ceramic tint on my cx9, i found it helps tremendously with the texas heat. i wish i had done the windshield but i didn't want to ride dirty.
  15. S

Remove shift console to replace bulb

what was the question again? got distracted by your avatar (shocked)
Back