Recent content by starlessblack

1. S

2017 Mazda CX-9 front suspension clunking/knocking noise

I thought about that because my old Miata used to do some kind of initial ABS self-check after first starting the car. But we've owned this CX-9 for two years now, and my spouse and I don't remember this happening from day one.
  2. S

Thanks to the folks here confirming I'm not crazy. I, too, have the same sticky brake caliper and/or pad loosening itself upon initial brake application. It usually happens right at the first application of brakes after being parked a little bit. Now I need to try to figure out if this is also...
  3. S

70.00.335 Firmware

After using it a couple days, it definitely seems that the MZD boots/launches faster. It also seems like the CarPlay GUI itself is a little smoother, but not so sure about that one. Finally, I can't quite tell if the MZD is connecting/displaying to CarPlay any quicker or not, but it may start...
  4. S

70.00.335 Firmware

I'll say this much, the move to just a single upgrade file/single-step process for the firmware upgrade is nice. I just updated mine from the xx.100a to this xx.335c, and it was quick and easy.
  5. S

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

This is where I've gone in the past to get the files. Does it not work for you? https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/NA%20N
  6. S

Thank you. I went back and looked again and realized you have to remove the CMU because the USB ports are on the back of the CMU, not, as I first feared, on the front of the CMU or bottom of the display. Got it all buttoned back up and tested out. Thanks, forum!
  7. S

I have a 2017 CX-9, but it appears my CMU must not be compatible because I only see one brown port on the back. And it's not keyed correctly for the blue or green wires. What gives? I thought all the 2017 models and up were good to go?
  8. S

I mean, what's the problem letting customers buy these to install themselves? Yes, I'm sure there will be some small percentage of extra service appointments to fix something a customer screwed up while trying to self-install, but that surely is outweighed by the goodwill and "cool uncle" factor...
  9. S

2017 CX-9 suspension click/clunk

It depends on the car and suspension engineering/geometry. I've seen cars on which a strut or shock tower brace had a pronounced effect and others that didn't. The CX-9's OEM brace is pretty paltry looking--that AutoExe one is much stouter metal, spans further across the bay to reach the actual...
  10. S

Awesome! Glad to hear my find helped someone at least!(yippy)
  11. S

This got me thinking about stiffening up the front end. Does anyone have any experience with front strut tower braces for the CX-9? The only one I can find on the internet is an AutoExe one: http://www.amazdaonline.com/eshop/cx-9/2720-autoexe-front-strut-tower-bar-mtc4000.html
  12. S

I just registered on this forum to report about what I thought was suspension clicking and clunking on my 2017 CX-9 with ~10k miles. It started happening more and more the last couple thousand miles. Happened everywhere--inclines, driveways, on the highway when hitting bumps OR when coming off...
  13. S

I just registered on this forum to report about what I thought was suspension clicking and clunking on my 2017 CX-9 with ~10k miles. It started happening more and more the last couple thousand miles. Happened everywhere--inclines, driveways, on the highway when hitting bumps OR when coming off...
Back