Recent content by St1ngy

1. Toolbox.jpg

Toolbox.jpg

2. St1ngy

Mazda Toolbox

Here's what my Start menu item runs: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mazda\Toolbox\tbagent.exe"
  3. St1ngy

Mazda Toolbox

On a PC, just open Start and find your Mazda app folder, then start Mazda Toolbox. I never allow the insertion of some media (SD/CD/USB/DVD, etc) to start an app. It is a huge security issue. There's probably some setting somewhere to allow auto startup, but I would never allow it. One note on...
  4. St1ngy

CX-5 won't start after upgrading to CarPlay. Help!

Charged with what? A 2 Amp maintainer won't do much overnight when the battery is very low. Neither will a short drive. It would take hours. Maybe a 5 - 10 AMP/hr charger overnight would do it. But if that's the original 4+ yr old battery, it is probably at end-of-life anyway. This probably...
  5. St1ngy

2020 CX-5, way to disable "Engine Harmonics Enhancer" (Fake Engine Noise)?

Shouldn't this be in the "Infotainment" sub-forum?
  6. St1ngy

Warm brakes after going down hill

I don't drive in the mountains very often, but when I do - I manually shift to a lower gear on long declines. This mixed with occasional braking. Is that a bad practice? I understand it may heat-up the transmission.
  7. St1ngy

Leaving factory Key Fob in the car and using aftermarket remote to start?

Now, where exactly do you live? :devilish:
  8. St1ngy

AWD with no badge?

Buying a car that has an accident history isn't the issue. I think the consensus is you paid too much for this car. Major damage was not fully disclosed. I'd go back and demand at least $2000 off or return it. Their shady business practice is the issue. I'm surprised this car wasn't totaled...
  9. St1ngy

AWD with no badge?

The car could of been creamed while parked. Maybe the impact pushed the car into other objects. That damage is in so many areas, it took a lot of force. BTW, airbags only deploy if the system senses a passenger/driver.
  10. St1ngy

CX-5 Bolt Question

It's a bolt! Take it to a hardware store that has a good selection of metric bolts (probably not the normal big-box store) and ask for one like that. Many smaller stores have much better selection of misc hardware than Lowes/Home Depot. My locally owned Ace has aisles and aisles of...
  11. St1ngy

CX-5 head on pole crash

Freak accident. But from the thread title, I was expecting "head on pole". Fake news!
  12. St1ngy

“Oil service required” Light malfunction on ‘19 Signature

I had a similar issue when I reset (through Mazda Connect) after a DIY oil change. A couple weeks later it said the service was overdue. After asking here, I found I didn't reset it correctly - you need to double-press the start button before going into the menu. I wonder it the service tech did...
  13. St1ngy

Tire Rotation Vid and Q

I've lifted using the rear differential before. IIRC, it is a solid casting. No drama - just position the jack pad somewhere in the center and jack it up. I used a small block of wood to spread the load and protect the case. As far as rotation - my old CX9 I had for over 11 yrs and only...
  14. St1ngy

Mazda cx5 emergency braking when reversing a trailer

Did it ever work correctly, or is this the first time you've tried trailering with this CX5? Oh, never mind - I just re-read your original post. Yes, take it to the dealer. Something is very wrong.
  15. St1ngy

Mazda cx5 emergency braking when reversing a trailer

All good questions, I'll add: Is it actually applying the brakes, or is it telling you to "BRAKE!" in the display? Was this a factory installed hitch/harness? If not, what brand harness/adapter was used? Does it do this if you temporarily disconnect the trailer light connector? It is also...
Back