Recent content by solidtrance

1. S

The Best West Coast Road Trips for You and Your Mazdaspeed

Love it. My daughter is going to California State University Monterey Bay, right down the street from Laguna Seca. I am already planning some trips to see her on weekends that correspond with either open track days or races that I want to see. Maybe I will catch you all there on a race weekend.
  2. S

Inserting my pouty face and stomping my feet

If you are willing to travel I see FB's and occasional FC's close to or in your price range from time to time. Ima in California's central v alley so rust is generally not a problem, most of the interiors are toast though. Too much sun here......
  3. S

The Best West Coast Road Trips for You and Your Mazdaspeed

My current preference for taking a drive and wearing my tires down a bit is out to the coast from CA's central valley on 198, up 101 to Monterey and down PCH (HWY 1) through Big Sur. I catch 46 at Cambria back to the central valley. 8-10 hours and a good mix of scenery and great roads. I need to...
  4. S

RX-8 FAQs & New User Guide *Read through this before you post a question!*

My first guess with the symptoms you are reporting would be a bad catalectic converter. this is not uncommon and could certainly cause exactly what you are seeing, check that first.
  5. S

Rx8 Loss of power

K&N intake is not good and could be causing problems if it was not installed properly. We're the plugs/coils/wires done before or after the power loss started?
  6. S

Strange whining sound from my RX-8

Do you have any mods? My water pump made some pretty bad noises when it's bearing was going out.
  7. S

Loss of Power is Driving Me Insane

You should insist they preform a compression test. That is the only way you will know for sure ig the engine is failing. The symptoms you are describing point to a bad engine, but some combination of other things could also explain all of these problems. Something like failed cat causes coils...
  8. S

$60k Mazda5?

IIRC they ran it in the one lap of America and rolled it at some point to end their race. Neat idea, but yeah I don't think they really want the liability of selling it.
  9. S

Don Nguyen | 3M Dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl wrapped hood

Not my taste, but it looks well done. This post seems to be right on the edge of breaking a few forum rules. If your intent was to generate revenue with this post please take it down and contact the admins about becoming a vendor. I see you have been around for a while so I trust you...
  10. S

New member from Canada

Welcome. Be sure to look at the for sale rules and use the for sale forum if you are interested in selling anything.
  11. S

Rear Suspension Looks kind of low

The ride height looks about right. I would recomend checking the suspension hardware starting with sway bar end links.
  12. S

Cat Question!

Both oem cats should be fine. Thats the route i would recommend if you don't want to pony up for the BHR mid with high flow cat. Or you can get an AP and a midpipe provided you dont live somewhere they actually do a sniffer test for emmissions.
  13. S

I lucked out with this one

Congrats on the new car. Can you post some interior pics? I have not seen that color combo in 6he shinka se before. I use to have a p5 and i loved it. What are your immediate and future plans for the 8?
  14. S

a Illiniois club that lets you use your modded up or stock car at a real race track

Looks like this would be real fun and a good way to get your feel wet by just volenteering to help. I'm sure people would be interested in any additional info you may want to post. I wish I had the time to get involved in something like this before I moved.
  15. S

Remote Entry FOB

This might help:
Back