Recent content by sm1ke

1. sm1ke

Post Pictures of Your Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

The OEM wheels fit within the fender wells. See here: With the OEM mud guards installed with the OEM wheels, there is much less "spatter" on the sides of the car. Your wheels and tires poke out quite a bit more than the OEM wheels, so while the front mud guards will help a little, the...
  2. sm1ke

Rumor: Turbocharged AWD Mazda3 for 2021 model year

Nope, not for new cars at least. Something to do with the emissions and safety regulations not being the same.
  3. sm1ke

Post Pictures of Your Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

I mean, the OEM guards wouldn't be useless if you had OEM wheels with OEM fitment.
  4. sm1ke

More info on Traffic Jam Assist: "An advanced radar cruise control that can steer the car at speeds of under 40 mph (64 km/h)."
  5. sm1ke

Definitely strange that the current top trim Mazda3 in Canada costs $24.8k USD, while in the USA it costs nearly $30k. Canada's pricing converted to USD works out to a difference of about $1600 USD from the NA to the 2.5T, so maybe the USD pricing will be around the $32k mark.
  6. sm1ke

Just keep in mind that according to the Mazda Canada website, the 2.5T will only be available in the top trim Mazda3. Still great news about the price though! They also mention that front and rear parking sensors and a 360 cam with improved clarity are available, so it seems like they're hearing...
  7. sm1ke

Leather Seat Crease

👆👆 If it bothers you, you can buy a brand new one, but after sitting in the seat for a while, it's bound to happen again. It appears to be more pronounced depending on the previous owner and their weight, as well as the way they enter/exit the car. Some examples of seat creasing/wear on an Audi...
  8. sm1ke

Yeah I just saw that after I posted.
  9. sm1ke

I'm just guessing, but I think the AWD 2.5T will not be exclusive to a trim level, which would be freakin' awesome. The Mazda3 has a different naming convention for trims/packages compared to the Miata, Mazda6, CX-3, CX-5, and CX-9. They call their trim levels Select Package, Preferred Package...
  10. sm1ke

It's no longer a rumor! Also, it looks like both the sedan and hatch will be getting the AWD 2.5T 6A powertrain. Coming "Late 2020". Exterior accents: Black rear lip spoiler (Available on Sedan) Black rear roof spoiler (Available on Hatchback) 18-inch Black alloy wheels Black power side...
  11. sm1ke

What did you pay for your CX-9?

A price breakdown itemizing all fees, taxes, and rebates individually is better, as things like doc fees and taxes can change depending on location (location is also important to note as well).
  12. sm1ke

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Here's another website that explains everything better than I could. https://www.shocksurplus.com/pages/things-to-consider-when-lowering-your-vehicle Sorry for derailing the thread.
  13. sm1ke

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Basically, lowering the vehicle changes the suspension geometry. If you don't account for the change in the suspension geometry, your suspension is put through more abuse than normal. This is a list of cons regarding lowering a car, copied and pasted from another website: Reduction in ride...
  14. sm1ke

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Nothing stops you from being all of those things. Feelings get hurt when tone is misinterpreted - happens all the time. Inevitably, people will be defensive when they misinterpret the tone, so it just comes down to members respecting each other's opinions. If you think someone overpaid, voice...
  15. sm1ke

Corksport has CX5 2017+ lowering springs now

Jury is still out on the CorkSport springs for the 2017+ CX-5 (does anyone here have them installed yet?). The CorkSport springs for the 1st gen CX-5 are a more aggressive drop, and would require proper struts paired with the springs for ideal performance. If you pair a spring that lowers the...