Recent content by slvrPR5

1. S

Replace stock size wheels with stock size aftermarket?

Thanks. I'm finding the bolt pattern is not common, so between that and the wheel size in general I'm having a tough time finding replacements.
  2. S

Replace stock size wheels with stock size aftermarket?

Hi. I've got the stock 2003 chrome wheels and (new) tires. The chrome wheels are in poor shape, but haven't found any stock size replacements -- found plenty aftermarket other sizes that would require buying new tires, which I don't want to do. So any recommendations for aftermarket wheels to...
  3. S

Car shudders when engaging clutch...potential reasons?

another vote for motor mounts. Just had my front replaced, and it drastically reduced the amount of shudder and jerkiness when shifting. 152K miles, original clutch
  4. S

Bodywork - what to ask for/expect from a body shop for a hood repair

I've never dealt with body and paint, so i don't know my way around in the slightest. Silver PR5. My hood rock chips (small, but a lot of them), and i can see them starting to rust up. Mechanically the car runs A+ so i want to keep it. If i go to a reputable body shop, what should i expect...
  5. S

clutch making squeaking/groaning sound

Clutch bled. no change in noise, pedal feel is a bit better
  6. S

clutch replacement upgrade suggestions

Good Morning, Im getting my original clutch replaced at 137K, including the throwout bearing and resurfacing the plate. Any part upgrade suggestions beyond the stock Mazda parts to boost smooth shifting and longevity? Otherwise ill be going with whatever parts the shop purchases. Thanks!
  7. S

Ha no not sexy, more like moaning for $$$.
  8. S

not much I can do, meaning its replacement time?
  9. S

Thanks in advance for any help... 2005 PR5, 137K miles. When i push in the clutch pedal, i get a sqeaking/groaning sound (like an old screen door spring) that seems to be originating from inside the clutch housing. I'm figuring "new clutch" at this age but wanted to confirm. Transmission...
  10. S

PR5 overheating - radiator fans not running

new thermostat installed today. no more overheating. Thanks everybody for the assistance
  11. S

Did a visual check on all fuses mentioned above, the look fine. The big 30 or 40 may be bad, but the fans do operate with the A/C so that may rule those out. I drove around today, as soon as the temp started rising, turned on the A/C and the heat up full. Both fans were running and temps...
  12. S

PCB, thanks for this list! ill check all these tomorrow night after work.
  13. S

OBDII scanner says P0090 which is not cooling system related. Haven't checked other fuses, am i looking at the under hood block or the one inside the passenger compartment? Any particular fuse i should be paying attention to?
  14. S

PCB, wouldn't an overheating condition activate the two fans?
  15. S

Can the ECT sensor be checked using an OBDII reader? Yes, temp gauge will shoot to the top if i don't blast the heater. The first time this happened, the overflow reservoir was boiling. Torque app?
Back