Recent content by Slem

1. S

Any of you have this problem?

2017 cx-5 GT...... on top of the door seals it has a felt seal, the felt is falling off on mine.
  2. IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

3. S

Ceramic Nano Coating or PPF

I would recommend blackfire crystal seal or black fire crystal coating, google and watch some vids. Save your self a ton of money and enjoy your new ride for many years to come .
  4. S

New 2017 Mazda CX-5 averaging 14L/100km!!

I would check your recommended cold tire pressure on the inside of your door , maybe do that when you get up in the morning before you drive. Also just reset your mpg monitor , also you can set you monitor so you can see your actual mpg as you drive. My tire pressure off the lot was very low...
  5. S

Ceramic Nano Coating or PPF

The PPF or other clear films will ( help ) in protecting your paint from stone chips etc, ceramic coatings will not, ceramic coatings will provide better and longer protection then waxes or other coatings, that being said a vehicle with ceramic coating applied can still be scratched, get swirls...
  6. S

No control when there is a few inches of snow

Living in southern Ontario and in the snow belt region, I can say that my 2017 cx-5 awd with snow tires has handled ice and snow with ease and confidence, I also have a long steep driveway that is very challenging for most all vehicles when covered with snow and it makes it up with ease and just...
  7. S

CX-5 Accessory must haves?

I have these matts in my 2017 cx-5 GT, they are premium matts and will cover the dead pedal, they are possibly the best matts I have had in a vehicle yet, they are like a rubber material mix with something else , not sure exactly what lol, they clean up nice with a pressure washer as well. Money...
  8. S

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

That's a lot of work lol
  9. S

2015 CX5 Grand Touring w/19inch rims - want to run 17 inch winter set - Unsure..

Well that was a waste of the 17 inch rims , mine comes with 19 inch rims and mazda them self put on 17 inch rims, the overall diameter is the same. It is also better to use the 17 inch rim for the winter as the tire will have more side wall. Pretty stupid and bad of this tire place telling...
  10. S

Increased engine noise, bad vibration after spending two weeks in the cold.

Because of the extream cold we have been having and the car being outside, everything is freezing up, oil and fluids will be thicker, rubber materials will be harder, motor mounts will be very stiff, you will experience much more vibration, slower performace as well as fuel economy suffering. I...
  11. S

300 miles & vibration at highway speeds - wheel balance out?

Had I a slight vibration myself and above 55mph , took it back to dealership and they rebalanced all wheels, problem solved. Also make sure your tire pressure are at 35 psi
  12. S

Navi - Junky?

In my opinion and having used the latest navs from GM, the nav I have in my 2017 cx-5 may not look as fancy as the others but I find it better, more accurate, auto zoom out and in etc , just more strait forward. I like it much better.
  13. S

2016 CX-5: Brakes didn't engage three times in span of 20 min

I had a problem similar to yours in my 2016 Camaro SS on the Hwy, I had to brake heavy and the driver side brakes did not work, so it yank the car to the right abruptly, good thing I had lots of space between me and the other cars because it did not stop me very good, horrible feeling! Anyways...
  14. S

2017 GT - Multiple Malfunction Messages

Like others have said make sure your windshield is clean where you rear view mirror is, if it's dirty or covered with ice, snow etc, it will shut off the systems and warn you that there is a problem.
  15. S

Known PROBLEMS with CX5s?

I'll just say this, my wife's 2013 Mazda CX-5 paint has no issues at all, in fact I am amazed how good it looks and how it's held up. My 2017 cx-5 paint has no issues, both vehicles are daily drivers and both have been on many long road trips. Here is a example, My 2015 Cadillac ATS premium that...
Back