Recent content by silver slotege

1. S

unknown grounding wire, where does it go?

still no one knows? This is the last thing I need... The car is running great, just scared to drive it too far without this. haha.
  2. S

This is the wire and the bracket I got back in the bag. I am pretty sure this bracket goes behind the drivers side engine lifting point... I assume the wire connects somewhere around there as well. Hope someone knows. Thanks.
  3. GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

4. S

I keep forgetting to snap a pic, I will do that tonight. I am pretty sure that is the area it came from, but I am on my phone, so the pic is really small. I will check it when I get. Thanks.
  5. S

So, I got my head back from the machine shop... They gave me the head and a bag of parts they removed, like the engine lifting point, old cam seals, ect. And this grounding wire came with it, but I have no clue where it goes. It is a black wire with a large hoop on one end (for the ground) and a...
  6. S

thinnest head gasket

alright, so an update will be coming... Still waiting on my ARP head studs to arrive... But the head was rebuilt, new valves, valve job, new seals, lifters adjusted, and head machined down only .015. To go with that I am porting, VTCS removal, OBX header, and MP3 ECU flash. Machine shop would...
  7. S

Anyone done a clutch without a lift?

I did the same thing as it seems everyone else did. Although I had 3 jack stands. 2 for the front end and 1 for the engine. Then I used the jack to lower and then raise the tranny back in. Simple, except wear gloves when you wrestle the tranny back over the half shaft and get the shaft through...
  8. S

thinnest head gasket

Alright, so a quick calc and I seem to get exactly 1 degree of timing retard from shaving the head by 0.035. Seems to raise the compression from 9.1:1 to 9.988:1. But anyone know what 1 degree of timing retard will do? I know give me power in higher rpm range, but I don't spend much time up...
  9. S

thinnest head gasket

Yes, I will have to run higher octane with the increased compression. I don't have any hard numbers of what hp to expect. Different engines will react in different ways, and with 150k on the odometer, I think my piston rings will be the weak link preventing me from seeing the most out of doing...
  10. S

thinnest head gasket

The result is the same, higher compression, but the way it is acheived is completely different. Far less risky in machining the head. And I know about the interference vs non debate. I look at it this way, if it bends a valve 1 out of 100 times, then it is interference. And I put my experience...
  11. S

thinnest head gasket

Ok, what I read was 0.020, but I can't find it again so I can't verify. If the manual says .008, then that settles that. As far as machining head vs block, machining the head will bring the valves closer to the piston whereas machining the block will bring the piston closer to the head...
  12. S

thinnest head gasket

Nothing guys? Really? No one has machined their heads? Haha. Guess I will be a guinea pig...
  13. S

thinnest head gasket

Quick question guys... I am having to do some head work (rebuild and machining) and was wondering what the thinnest head gasket available was? I know the turbo guys like the thick cometic gasket, but what's available to the NA crowd? Also, thinking of having the head shaved to increase...
  14. S

Stuck in 4th gear?

Awesome. Glad it worked out. And glad you got that synchro assembly back together! And littlemimus, I didn't pm anything, so you know everything I told him. But if you need help, you know where to find me.
Back