Recent content by santa

1. S

Mazda CX-50

What you're probably thinking of, is the CX-3 using the 2 platform and the Yaris in the USA was based on the 2 (which is weird since they use their own platform on the Yaris in Europe and Japan). And there's talk of Toyota (and maybe Lexus) using the new rwd platform and 6 cylinder in-line...
  2. S

Mazda CX-50

Just for info, the 3 and CX-30 are NOT using the TNGA platform, it's using Mazda's own Skyactiv Vehicle Architecture platform (https://www.mazda.com/en/notification/20190325/). There's talk of the next Mazda2 being based on the Toyota Yaris and thus using the Toyota platform, but for now all...
  3. S

2017~2021 Start/Stop on CX-5

I have i-stop in my 2015 CX-3 and it works like a charm (and still on the original battery). With automatic transmission you can indeed control i-stop with the brake pedal. And it does restart quickly when you release the brake pedal, it has the engine started by the time your foot has moved off...
  4. S

New CX-5 - When Should I really get my first oil change?

Or you could just do fixed service intervals, based on either distance/time. Works on my Mazda and it worked on all the cars I have owned. :-)
  5. S

5 star EuroNCAP rating

The MX-30 has earned top marks in the new (and tougher) 2020 EuroNCAP crashtest. Highest score for adult occupants so far. https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/mazda/mx-30/41214
  6. S

Poll: Who is interested in the MX-30?

We're not looking for a second car at the moment but if/when we do, the MX-30 is very much in the running. We don't need an electric car with high range, like a Tesla, so the MX-30 would actually fit quite nicely. But I get it's not for everyone. It is more of a lifestyle car than many other...
  7. S

Poll: Who is interested in the MX-30?

I test drove the MX-30 yesterday. Excellent build quality and a real upmarket interior. Soundproofing is also good. I kinda like the fake engine noise they've put in, it's not loud, just sort in the background and I find it non-intrusive but it gives this perception of an actual engine. Ok...
  8. S

Next-gen CX-5: Rumors from Japan

Here in Denmark the CX-30 skyactiv-x is about 6-7% more expensive than the Skyactiv-G (150 hp version), so not a lot.
  9. S

Next-gen CX-5: Rumors from Japan

It's only supercharged because the SPCCI tech needs a supercharger to deliver enough air to work, as the 3.0 I6 is a Skyactiv-X engine. So you need to compare it to a NA 3.0 engine for power and torque.
  10. S

Oil and oil filter for 2018 2.0 Skyactiv-G AT

Just wanting to share my experience with the 2.0 Skyactiv-G, although in a CX-3 but it's still the same engine. My Mazda dealer, who services my car uses a Q8 5W-30 A5/B5 oil and so far that hasn't caused any issues at all with oil changes every 20,000 km and I've just passed 160,000 km. It...
  11. S

New CX-5 - When Should I really get my first oil change?

I don'thave a CX-5 but a CX-3 and I just follow the instructions from Mazda, changing oil every 20,000 km when it goes in for service and the first oil change was after 20,000 km (at the first service) So far I've done just over 159,000 km and it's still running smooth using very little oil...
  12. S

Heated rear view mirrors an option?

Not knowing where you're from, it's difficult to say but here in Europe heated side mirrors are standard on all versions.
  13. S

2019 CX-5: How do I open key fob to replace battery?

Taken from the manual:
  14. keyfob battery replacement 2.jpg

keyfob battery replacement 2.jpg

15. keyfob battery replacement 1.jpg

keyfob battery replacement 1.jpg