Recent content by Rocket

1. R

Aftermarket Backup Camera with Mazda OEM Screen

If one has a 12v camera, can it simply be powered off a source in the rear hatch and only run the RCA yellow connection up to the adapter plug to the head unit? Or must it be 6v?
  2. R

Backup camera in a 2014 Sport

Thanks. Is it just "plug and play"? All the wires in place?
  3. R

Backup camera in a 2014 Sport

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I searched and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Sister has a 2014 CX-5 sport. She wants a backup camera. I see several out there that advertise "plug and play". Are all the wires in place? Does the head unit have to be pulled, or simply...
  4. R

Roof Rack options for 2014 Mazda3?

Did the CX-7 rack fit on the front? If you cut the rear bar would it have fit then? Just curious, not really contemplating all that extra work.
  5. R

Your new Mazda 3!

Cool video! Everyone who loves that new car smell should take note of the workers wearing breathing masks...
  6. R

Mazda OpenCar

I'd like to see an engine instruments page, i.e. oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, etc.
  7. R

Does anyone also own a CX-7 and/or a CX-5? Could you measure the distance between the front and back mounting points? I'm hoping there's a chance that one of the side rails available for those cars might fit ours. It's a long shot, but who woulda thunk that the CX-7 rack would fit in the first...
  8. R

I found the install manual for the part number you specified. It's listed as a CX-7 part for sure. I'm surprised the two cars are the same width. http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/cx7roofrack.pdf Also, the actual part number is 0000-8L-M01B. It's supposed to be a zero after the M...
  9. R

I've got an old Rola rack from my 2006 Mazda5 that I'm gonna try to mount on my new hatch. It looks like the bars are long enough, and the feet appear to be ok as well. I've just not decided what I'm gonna do about the trim strip, either cut or drill. And there's something of a height difference...
  10. R

Mazda5 Roof Rack for Cheap

I've got a Rola I'll sell for less than that as soon as I figure out whether or not it will fit on my 2014 Mazda3. Trailer hitch also...
  11. R

Spare key

Think any old metal box will do, like maybe a small cookie tin? I'll do some experimenting. Anyone know, if the battery was removed from a remote for say even a couple of years, then reinstalled, would the remote have to be programmed or would it remember the car?
  12. R

Water in hatch video

Supposed to rain tomorrow, I'll test the driving in the rain theory then
  13. R

Water in hatch video

My car has been sitting in the driveway for two days of torrential rain. I opened the hatch to check this and exactly no water ran out. None. Nada. Nothing to see here folks, move on.
  14. R

Spare key

I'm a big fan of the magnetic key box stuck to the bottom of the car. I had a "valet" key for my 2006 Mazda5 that saved my butt more than once. But, the 2014 Mazda3 uses the "smart key". I'm trying to devise a system for a locked out car. I know the car will supposedly not allow the keys to be...
Back