Recent content by Rich A.

1. R

Mazda 5 sunroof wind deflector

Mazda 5 sunroof wind deflector This is a factory Mazda 5 sunroof wind deflector which was on a 2006 model. It wasn't used much before being removed so is in very good condition. Asking $25 plus an estimated $10 shipping charge via FedEx. List Date: 11/17/2013 For more info, click here to view...
  2. R

Mazda 5 front seat comfort

I hate to say it, but after fighting with this seat issue since February I have been defeated. I tried everything from sitting on a 2" thick foam cushion to inserting lumbar padding into the seat back and other ridiculous combinations of cushions and back rests. I even bought an expensive...
  3. R

Can't get comfortable!!

I agree that the "new" Mazda seats are terrible. I had a 2006 5 which I loved, so bought another one (2012) this past February. The seats are horrible and I'm desperate for a solution. No kidding, this seat has just about destroyed my already sketchy back. I had to get a lumbar injection in...
  4. R

I'm about to give up on this car if I can't find a solution. It looks like the seats from the Mazda 3 are a different design and I want to know if I can replace my driver's seat with one from a 3 (2012 FWIW). I think the leather seats in my 2012 5 are hard and have terrible ergonomics. It...
  5. R

Goodbye 2006 Hello 2012

What an amazing coincidence... I did the exact same thing in February... got rid of my 2006 5-speed Touring and got a 2012 Liquid Silver auto Grand Touring. I'm really liking the auto. I rarely miss the 5 speed any more. I don't know what you think about the seat comfort, but I just posted a...
  6. R

Well, I'm glad I posted about my issue because it got me thinking about what else I could try. I took a look at the seat, unzipped the leather cover, and found the wimpy lumbar adjustment right there. As a quick experiment I taped a couple of foam pieces I had together and stuffed them behind...
  7. photo (1).JPG

photo (1).JPG

8. R

I bought a new 2012 Mazda 5 in February and I think the driver's seat is wrecking my back. I already had a compressed disk issue in my back, and this car has caused an unbelievable flare-up. Before this one I owned a 2006 Mazda 5 for 7 years and the seat in the old one was far superior in...
  9. R

Swap 2006 5-spoke rims to new 2012?

Nice ride. I decided to stick with the stock rims rather than swap the 5-spoke. When I saw them today I thought they looked really good. I admit that the 5-spoke would give me a very unique 2012, but not only would I have to pay $160 to have the wheels AND tires swapped (I wanted to keep the...
  10. photo (2).JPG

photo (2).JPG

11. R

Swap 2006 5-spoke rims to new 2012?

I want opinions on what people think is the nicer rim. I have owned my 2006 Touring model since Dec. 2005 and have almost 156k miles on it. I finally just signed for a new 2012 today and pick it up tomorrow. The new 2012 has pretty nice rims, but I've always loved the 5-spoke wheels on my...
  12. 2012-Mazda5-side-view-1024x640.jpg

2012-Mazda5-side-view-1024x640.jpg

13. 2006-Mazda5-GT-12.jpg

2006-Mazda5-GT-12.jpg

14. R

New Thule Fairing Installed

Can you post a pic of it resting on the deflector? Can you post a pic of it resting on the deflector? I have the same thing and am skeptical of resting the fairing on the deflector. Doesn't it look funny or get flipped up by the wind?
  15. R

Mazda5 real-world Mileage numbers

I can't believe the terrible numbers you guys are getting. I'll post my figures later when I have my list, but I've been getting much better fuel economy than that. My latest tank was 27.9mpg (2/3 hwy, 1/3 commuting). On average around town, I've been getting about 25mpg.
Back