Recent content by reut1

1. R

What have you done to your P5 today?

yeah, they deserve to rust into the ground while still being driven!
  2. R

I so badly want our rust buckets to hang out together. Mine was $9k back in 2009 with 75k miles on it, manual, stock, no rust. I still think I did good even though I got it from a used car dealer. Everything else private party after that one!
  3. R

For me its stock muffler, OBX header, stock 2nd cat, and an ebay short ram intake with k&n filter (mainly because my stock airbox developed a crack and it was easier to "upgrade"
  4. R

I remember when I had a magnaflow on mine for what ended up being far too long. Made the thing horrible on the highway. Much happier with it being stock
  5. R

My 260k p5 has no lifter tick and an incredibly quiet motor at oil. Then my 121k 92 miata has all the lifter tick in the world.
  6. R

Radiator fan not on automatically

I still just monitor my temps via obd2 and torque and kick on the a/c now and then to get the fans spinning. Even with fans off the temps never climb above say 188F. It's just backup transport for me but this thing just keeps going.
  7. R

Filled up today and somehow this old rust bucket is still getting 30mpg when it should be getting zero. Can’t stop won’t stop.
  8. R

I remember my exhaust on my old 98 civic falling off right after the cat which was obviously also right under the shifter. That made for a nice rumbly drive to get it fixed (before I was working on my own cars). As im driving im just hoping no one will look at me. For SHAME!
  9. R

I remember buying the 02 cupholder once because I liked the flip/lid design, Then noticed how shallow it was. Went right back to my open 03 cupholder.
  10. R

Oh well. such is life for our cars!
  11. R

thanks! I know a lot of the rust is on me just not taking care of it like I could with regards to regular winter washing and such. Really a shame since the motor, transmission, and clutch are still all original and work absolutely great. Consumes oil but just top it off and keep driving! Just...
  12. R

I sadly missed my estimate of pulling into my driveway at 260k yesterday by one mile :( This will be the last major milestone for this cars life at this point. I drive my miata or mk4 tdi much more often and after nearly 12 years of reliable service, the p5 is really just back up transport...
  13. R

Now and then I go back through my order history to see how many times Ive replaced the rear calipers in 11 years...
  14. R

I dont want to talk about it.... The amount of tools Ive had to buy to work on this damn car already. Just here for the mpg, otherwise I dont love the car
  15. R

ahhhh, reminds me of my protege5, and now mk4 jetta :)