• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!

PTguy's latest activity

• P
    "I would have thought the CX-9 would have a similar following given the volume, price point, and the fact that the baseline platform...
  • P
    PTguy replied to the thread 2016~2020 Engine coolant leak.
    Many engine blocks are aluminum these day with no problems. I'd suggest that you contact a dealership, speak with the service manager...
  • P
    Rear brakes: Spark plugs are due at 40,000 and available only from a dealer. About $100 a set.
  • P
    I'd use an xW-40 oil only during blistering hot summers...Phoenix, etc. Castrol Edge is fine oil, as are many others, but the viscosity...
  • P
    "5w30. Oil is oil " I'm with Brett. All that said, every update to the API service categories (Currently tops at SN+), the ILSAC specs...
  • P
    PTguy replied to the thread 2018 CX-9 GT - Serious Brake Fade.
    NOOOOO! DOT5 brake fluid is silicone based. It is not suitable for ABS systems due to being more compressible. DOT5 fluid must not be...
  • P
    PTguy replied to the thread Tire Size Change?.
    The Parada Spectra-X is an all season tire, not an all weather tire with the winter severe service rating, the snowflake on the...
  • P
    PTguy replied to the thread Headlights.
    There are probably a hundred brands of headlight lens polishing kits. Also there are youtube videos of the polishing as well as wiping...
  • P
    "The cover is trapping moisture near the glass." Can you position the sun shade so there is some ventilation at top & bottom? This...
  • P
    Take a video of the warnings to show to the service writer. Little is more disappointing that to have the tech report, "Could not...
  • P
    PTguy replied to the thread 2018 CX-9 GT - Serious Brake Fade.
    Brake discs don't warp. They develop uneven deposits of pad material when the temperatures are too high for the pad material. This is...
  • P
    PTguy replied to the thread Mazda Warranty.
    My 2016 has been flawless. No need for the extended service contract. I'll fund my own future repairs, if any, and avoid paying the...
  • P
    PTguy replied to the thread Synthetic Oil change maintanance.
    Synthetic oil probably has no advantage unless wild is in frigid cold winters or blazing hot summers. What matters most is the type of...
  • P
    Dealership service writers have no training in lubricants. They sell what they're told to sell, or they sell what they have the biggest...
  • P
    The current tire pressure sensor resides in the valve stem. The tire shop will install the sensors when they mount the tires. I don't...