Recent content by Pootie Tang

1. P

2008 CX-9 Oil Pressure Switch

Yes, I have the receipt in my car, I'll grab it and post a little later.
  2. P

Thanks. Yup that's it. To close the loop I changed mine yesterday. $6 part from the dealer. A little tight, but can be gotten with a short extension and deep socket from behind the radiator fans. Not too bad. Getting the connector off was the hardest part. I used a curved needle nose to...
  3. P

Update, I think it is more fully called the Ignition Oil Pressure Switch. Looks a lot like this one...
  4. P

The car has an aggressive oil leak only when running behind the alternator. It's a sensor that goes into the block behind the alternator. It has a white-ish plastic wiring connector and it drips oil straight out of the back of it when the engine is warm and running. I called the dealer and...
  5. P

New rear shocks installed. Pics. Went with KYB 349070

Holy cow. Why didn't you pull the engine while your were at it!?! ;-)
  6. P

Squeaking on breaks 2016 CX-9 Touring

Remove and replace your existing pads and use CRC Disc Brake Quiet on the back of the pads (and both sides of any shims) and CRC Brake Caliper Grease on the metal to metal contact points between the parts (spring clips to caliper, clips to pads, pads to caliper etc. Completely solved my...
  7. P

Cargo Boxes Attached to OEM Rack

I use the Yakima bars to cross the factory roof rails. I put a Yakima Skybox 21 and a Rocket Box on my roof at the same time and the tailgate can come up all the way. I mount the Yakima bars more forward on the rails that the factory bars. This allows me the clearance.
  8. P

New Water Pump HELP

If its a bad bearing (worn or spun) it will run fine but you will hear a knocking sound from inside the engine. Did you check the valve timing?
  9. P

2008 CX-9 Nav head unit upgrade to alter model easy?

Not sure but I doubt Mazda used anything fancy. At most they used a proprietary connector that you can probably get an adapter for. I always try Crutchfield. They've got all the goodies.
  10. P

New Water Pump HELP

Sorry. My coffee must have misfired this morning. Vacuum leaks do not bring codes as far as I know. If you have a vacuum leak, substantial, this could cause an inability run but no codes. A stuck EGR can cause this. Fuel, vacuum, timing.
  11. P

New Water Pump HELP

Probably a fuel problem but also check your timing chain indexing. The two heads are set independently (ie, two chains). If you are reading a difference from head to head, I would definitely check that. When the car is cold, it may not use the MAF, once it warms up it starts to use the MAF and...
  12. P

So I did my own research and found pix of the back of each head unit. It does not look straightforward. There are however, many aftermarket plug-in replacements running on Android operating systems that are a great deal. They tout retention of the steering wheel controls and plug and play. I...
  13. P

So the screen in my 2008 CX-9 has always been horrible and in reverse it is downright dangerous. Does anyone know if I can swap in a later model nav head unit (presumably with a better screen) ? Not looking for any modding, just something that will drop in and work but with a better screen.
  14. P

Coolant got into engine - need your advice

This Dealership story stinks. I presume you literally drove in a working car with no error codes. They broke it. Flushing coolant should not break your engine. They messed something up. Since you bought the car only a few months ago, I assume you had it pass an inspection/smog check. This...
  15. P

2016 CX-9 performance upgrades?

Turbos are easy to get a little more out of. I would suggest an ECU tune. More boost and fuel. Pretty safe as long as keep it reasonable.
Back