Recent content by Platonium

1. P

Wife got hit on the freeway in the CX-7 :(

Glad no one was hurt, even the guy who caused it. I know they're bummers, but cars are sooo.....replaceable.
  2. P

POLL - What vehicle(s) did you own before the CX-7?

Traded one of the fisrt 2005 Chrysler 300Cs with the Hemi. I have to admit, I miss the power, but the CX-7 is a great car.
  3. P

Auto or Manual

Yeah, I have a 2002 ES Auto and all I want is a 5 speed.
  4. P

Premium or Regular Gas?

I'm not here to piss people off or get into battles. If you felt I was calling YOU ignorant, than I owe you an apology. I stand by my description of using 87 octane gas in an engine where premium is required, (or at least highly recommended), is indeed ignorant. I don't know you, so I have no...
  5. P

Real Bad Gas Mileage!

Actually, this is not true. From Wikipedia: Oxygenate blending adds oxygen to the fuel in oxygen-bearing compounds such as MTBE, ethanol and ETBE, and so reduces the amount of carbon monoxide and unburned fuel in the exhaust gas, thus reducing smog. In many areas throughout the US oxygenate...
  6. P

Premium or Regular Gas?

That's like drinkin Schlitz when you could drink I don't know, insert your favorite brand of beer ___________ for pennies more. Sure, it may not kill you, but you won't feel too smooth in the morning. I bet you're getting s*** gas mileage, too because the knock sensors are constantly dialing...
  7. P

car going nutz

Could an injector be failing? You obviously have good spark and bad gas doesn't fully explain the problem...I'd look at injectors.
  8. P

auto transmission issues

The flashing light is an indicator of a problem. Hopefully just a sensor. Good luck!
  9. P

Looking to buy a protege, what should i know/look for?

I have an 02 ES. I have had it for 5 years, 75000 miles and it has, without question been the best car I have ever owned with respect to reliability. I DO maintain the car to very high specs and it has rewarded me with trouble free operation. Look for: Poorly shifting automatic trans (needs to...
  10. P

6-CD Player showing track info

I miss this, too. I got in my buddy's '02 Explorer and his radio did CD ame, track information and FM channel name and song info (when provided by the station). My '98 Grand Marquis had that, too. Why not my Miracle BOSE sytem?
  11. P

Cp-E CAI installed FINALLY!!!picx.

I am going to get flamed for this, but I think CAIs are of questionable effectiveness. Especially since they seem to push power up the rev band (that 10 horsepower increase they advertise is at a specific RPM, not a max HP increase). I agree fully with erhayes, unless you can make my car...
  12. P

New Mazda Tribute

I'm confused. I thought the CX-7 and CX-9 were going to negate the need for the Tribute in the model lineup. Seems odd, a small volume manufacturer like Mazda needing a third truck. And it is so clearly a "Ford by another name" whereas Mazda's other vehicles are clearly the porducts of...
  13. P

Seat Warmers

The warmers are not particularly effective in the CX under any circumstance. In the past, I have had cars with two levels of hot. At least the switches are easy to see and operate and the heaters stay on until you want them off. I spent the weekend in my buddy's Explorer and the switch is way...
  14. P

Cheap Sounding Doors

I agree, they feel light and do not close with the germanic authoritative "thwump." But, I also agree with others it's not "cheapness", it's lightness. My '02 Protege is still nearly squeak and rattle free, and we've driven the bojangles out of that car. It's doors also feel light and "hollow."...
  15. P

who is driving this car???

Oooh, it's a laday! Nice ot be on such a mixed board. Keeps the ego trips short and sweet! I think it's representative of the universal appeal of this car. The longer we have it, the more we like it!
Back