Recent content by Phames11

1. P

Clutch Master cylinder leaking

Seems like after reading that walkthrough that taking the steering shaft off gives you the clearance you need.
  2. P

Cold start chirping [2016 Touring]

Unfortunately, sounds can be non mechanical. Such as shaking or vibrating because of expansion and contraction. You may need to get under the car to see if a loose exhaust hanger or something else is causing it. Once you think your in the right area move around and see if it's location changes...
  3. P

CRC intake valve cleaner experience

Absolutely, you can and will have that much carbon buildup at 28k even 15k. It seems unlikely but once you know why and how the buildup occurs your suspicions will want. With no fuel to clean the back of the valves all the recirculated exhaust gas just cakes on the intake valves.
  4. P

damage from 30k oil-change interval?

Well my opinions aside. Perhaps it's possible to get the serial number on the oil filter and find out it's manufacture date. That would allow you some extrapolation period of use plus maybe 6 months. Factoring in the average Mile's per year driven based on the current mileage and the time passed...
  5. P

Mazda engine reliability testing

Don't know of a link. But I can attest that my 2007 Mazda 3 2.0 has 120000 on the odometer. I did a compression test at about 115000. The results were 190 187 185 188. That's each cyclinder. The ideal is that average of all the numbers be no more than 10% of the highest cylinder. The other part...
  6. P

Issues with car locking automatically

Sounds like you pressed the for in your pocket Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  7. P

This thing is not useless!

Simple hack. Get one of those sticky rubber jobs you put on the dash to hold your phone in there. That ight to keep things from moving around. Just cut to size. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  8. P

Check the auto lock settings in the settings menu Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  9. P

Was anyone else in the car at the time Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  10. P

What magnetic coins do you speak of? Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  11. P

I keep a pocket knife in mine and it never flies out. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  12. P

Low MPG on used '14 CX-5

Furthermore uneven braking wear is more likely attributed to a poorly bled brake system. In which the proper order of bleeding g was not completed Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  13. P

Low MPG on used '14 CX-5

Your brakes will be hot to the touch no matter if it's half a mile or one mile or more or braking. Braking is achieved via friction. That causes heat. It's a four thousand pounds car. Expect it to be hot. That is not a sign of dragging brake pads. Dragging brake pads will have a sound and a...
  14. P

Mazda USA photo mix-up?

Interesting! Could be a mistake. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  15. P

Mazda cx 5 won't start

And try your other key too Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Back