Recent content by Pele2048

1. P

Is the CX-9 4 cylinder engine enough?

It's not a sports car... But the 4 banger does have the power to haul some weight: https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/towing-with-your-cx-9.123866108/
  2. P

I did a thing...This 2.3L 4 banger is a SURVIVOR. Two days of 100 MPH at redline

So the first day was at Dominion Raceway in Thornburg, VA back on the 13th of November. While waiting for that day, I got an email notification about a last minute track day at Summit Point on the 2nd of December. Ran the whole track in 3rd gear pretty much. 90-100 is about redline. Had a...
  3. theo_abramovich-32.jpg

theo_abramovich-32.jpg

4. theo_abramovich-43.jpg

theo_abramovich-43.jpg

5. theo_abramovich-49.jpg

theo_abramovich-49.jpg

6. theo_abramovich-52.jpg

theo_abramovich-52.jpg

7. P

Poll Who is interested in the MX-30?

Instantaneous torque is kinda nice. I've run neck and neck on some Ford Focus STs in my Focus Electric. There's more to cars than noise and smoke... Tight suspensions and responsive steering systems are what Mazda's known for. Besides, your avatar/signature says you're driving a CX-5. One...
  8. P

It's yet to be announced if it'll be a PHEV. I am also not fond of being a beta tester... My 2018 CX-9 has fewer than 80k miles on the clock and fewer than 20k on the engine. It'll be around for a while, I'm not itching to get something immediately.
  9. P

I am currently rocking a 2017 Ford Focus ELECTRIC as a Daily beater. (Relegating my Mazda6 hatchback to track duty!) 115 miles range (Advertised, best case scenario... Obviously lower based on the way I drive and in the cold weather.) She gets me from my suburban home in Northern Virginia to...
  10. P

Riser for U-haul Trailer?

Correct. I flipped a 3 inch drop hitch upside down for 2.5 inches of rise. (It was what was available at the auto parts store.)
  11. P

MazdaSpeed Protege Wheel Weight?

Nice. 17.5 lbs is quite light... Momo Superlights are 17.0 lbs. SSR GT1s and Integrals are 16.5 lbs. Volk TE37s are 15 lbs... FIFTEEN! NC Miata stock wheels are 17. But I think that's kinda new. Mazdaspeed Proteges are a bit older and probably easier to find in the scrapyard.
  12. P

MazdaSpeed Protege Wheel Weight?

Looking for a lighter weight, but OEM wheel (Commonly available) for my Mazda6. I've found several sets of the MazdaSpeed Protege "Racing Hart"/Enkei wheels on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist for fairly cheap. Wondering if they're significantly lighter than the 21.1 lbs (Quoted by Mazda...
  13. P

2003 Mazda6 Hatchback...Need to install tow loop or tow strap. Best locations?

Anyone have a tow strap or towing loop installed on the front and/or rear of their 1st gen Mazda 6. I'd rather not cut up the plastic bumper cover too badly if I can help it.
  14. P

2003~2008 Modifying the stock blinker to handle LED bulbs from an Electrical Engineer

WARNING: This modification will remove blown bulb detection from your car. The turn signals will NO LONGER flash fast to indicate a blown bulb. While I try and dispense good advice, it's up to you to use it as you see fit. I am not responsible for any injury to yourself or others, damage to your...
  15. P

Poll 2.5T Coolant Leak/Engine Replacement

I will note if there are rebuild stickers on my engine and where they're located. They may clue you into if your engine has been replaced.
Back