Recent content by paris1

1. paris1

2024 CX-5 Tail light compatibility question

Have any dealer run your VIN through his parts software and it will spit out the correct P/N. Simple!
  2. paris1

Backup alerts not working (2019 CX-5)

Check the settings menu to see if anything inadvertently got turned off.
  3. paris1

2016 CX-5: Water keeps dripping out of tailgate handle area

Has the car had any body work done to the rear? I had a 2013 that was rear ended. The hatch was replaced and they had a helluva time getting the high center stop light sealed properly.
  4. paris1

Dealer $$ Cost CX-5

Sounds like your mistake is waiting for the dealer to offer you a discount rather than taking the initiative to offer them what you want to pay (based on some research). Negotiating 101!
  5. paris1

Looking for help identifying a part (2016 CX-5)

Aren't those bolts part of the rear spoiler? Is the spoiler loose?
  6. paris1

Those CX-5 Side Trim pieces

Same part for 2016-2017. $40 online. If you can't figure out how to change it out, take it to a trusted body shop. They'll probably charge you half an hour's labor...
  7. paris1

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

They won't use Mazda Moly (unless you ask specifically for it). I was surprised when my dealer didn't up-charge me for the better oil. As for the oil filter, it's an approved Mazda part. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  8. paris1

Gen 4 Mazda3 Replacement brake rotors?

Why not just have the rotors turned and bypass the issue? Are you metal on metal?
  9. paris1

And do you mind sharing what that cost?
  10. paris1

Anyone figure out how to touch-up Mazda 46V Soul Red Crystal Metallic?

That's what Steg79 was referring to above when he said "Then as the tinted clear builds up you get a darker and darker color, which can/will turn almost black if you put enough on." That, for me, is the tricky part of this finish. But it's my wife's car and when she chose the color I told her...
  11. paris1

What engine oil for a 2022 CX-5?

I've used Mazda brand high-moly content oil for years. Costs a bit more, but I generally only change oil and filter once a year (5K-6K miles), so it's not a big deal.
  12. paris1

You can't possibly mean "full body" as in 'every panel'? What would that cost???
  13. paris1

Anyone figure out how to touch-up Mazda 46V Soul Red Crystal Metallic?

Wow Steg! Do you hire out?🫤
  14. paris1

Just got a 2024 CX-5 for my wife, lasted 2 days

Wow! The engine (or transmission-however you want to look at it) is falling out of the car, it's become undriveable, making all manner of ungodly noise....and you're concerned because there are no warning lights on the dash???😵‍💫
  15. paris1

Wow headlights are good in the 2024 CX-5 Signature

And the auto-dimmer is a nice feature too!
Back