Recent content by P-Funk!

1. P

P5 Roof Rack Fairings

Sold! :D
  2. P

P5 Roof Rack Fairings

Been a while since I have been here, eh? Anyway, in cleaning the attic to move - I found a box of new/never installed P5 roof rack fairings. It is not the roof rack, just the plastic pieces around it when mounted. Make me an offer (you pay shipping). No responses in a few days and I will...
  3. P

MP5 speaker and head unit replacement

Yep. Buy a wiring install kit and it will do what you need to keep the sub and door speakers ;) Buy a double din 7" touchscreen and add a back up camera. Buy a Pioneer AppRadio and use your phone for nav (Waze app) and wireless BT to the phone...
  4. P

dual din android head unit?

Check out Pioneer Appradio ;)
  5. P

Idle Issue

And (believe it or not) the PCV can cause low/rough idle as well. Clean or replace it.
  6. P

Losing my mind with this car!

...or... (throwing this out there) at above 3K is when the VICS starts to open up... If one set of plates was not opening up (screw failure long ago) the mis-matched runner length for half the engine could maybe.. I dunno'... mess up performance? It runs well at other speeds up to 3K RPM...
  7. P

EVAP and tank pressure issues - where to start

As soon as you open the gas cap - you vent the system. Does it make a big pssssh? The evap leak could be the gas cap - replace it.
  8. P

2002 Protege5 - Belt Squeak won't go away - tried everything(?)

If the belts slip for a while - they get glazed and must be replaced. Check and tighten tension at the first sign of squealing. Check/tighten BOTH belts.
  9. P

Weirdest radio problem - only CD player and volume work

if it is getting power (and it is) - the fuse is good. Sounds like the radio has failed. Remove and replace.
  10. P

Stock USDM P5 headlight beam

^x2 for the bulb not seated correctly - I had to be careful during the bulb install... and keep looking through the lens to make sure I had it 'right'...
  11. P

Parking brake adjuster issue, two remanufactured calipers

It was my experience as well (just on the left/rear caliper). The pin had seized so I installed the replacement caliper (NAPA) and it required constant adjustment to keep the parking brake function. Right side was fine. [rolls eyes] So, no help from me other than "I feel your pain"...
  12. P

Did I buy my P5 at the wrong Mileage?

I would say your car had been abused. Mine went 250K miles with just minimal (standard required) maintenance. Of course, I don't include stereo and mods in my 'cost of repairs' calculation ;)
  13. P

Header installed = egr flow insufficient?!?!

Well, since you will have the intake off - clean the EGR anyway first. THEN take off the tubing to the header and inspect...
  14. P

DashCommand OBD-II Settings

oh. No, mine connects and (almost) instantly brings them up.. Good luck!
  15. P

DashCommand OBD-II Settings

That could be the issue - and the ELMs do fail...
Back