Recent content by o.g.sk8er

1. o.g.sk8er

Stiff brake in the morning and no emergency brake...Help

The check valve is inside the vacuum hose going from the booster to the engine. Remove hose. Blow into the hose from the booster side. You should be able to blow only in this direction. If you blow from the engine side towards the booster and can blow air, the valve is bad. Vacuum should only...
  2. Screenshot_20230412-085555~2.png

Screenshot_20230412-085555~2.png

3. o.g.sk8er

Protege5 exhaust upgrade recommendations?

That HKS is just the axle back. I just installed the HKS on my car last week. Only other exhaust mod is a resonator delete. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-mbFFjAowE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FQLfzVy_rI Good to see some old names still here. :)
  4. o.g.sk8er

Painting Centre Console

I used this stuff. It ain't cheap though. Select blue for the same color in the pic. I applied 3 coats of paint, and 1 heavy coat of clear. After 24hrs I polished it with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. The color is wild. From a copper color when driving into the sun, or a bright, just about...
  5. o.g.sk8er

Painting Centre Console

I painted my center consol and gauge cluster awhile back, and it still shines like new. I know this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. lol
  6. chromablue.jpg

chromablue.jpg

7. o.g.sk8er

what is this bushing?

It takes away that sloppy vague feeling and give a more direct crisp shift. With your short shifter, Corksport bushings and 3rd link mod, Im sure it would make shifting even more enjoyable. Easy install too. I love mine. 2nd mod done to my car years ago, except mine were Kartboy bushings.
  8. o.g.sk8er

what is this bushing?

Yes that is the correct part. Great mod.
  9. o.g.sk8er

What have you done to your P5 today?

Wasn't really sure where to post this, so yea... Has anyone seen this before? Don't think I've seen this posted here. https://spoilerking.net/product.sc?productId=2558&categoryId=379 Doesn't look too bad imo.
  10. o.g.sk8er

Caliper piston won't retract fully

I have always used the adjustment screw to retract the caliper on the rear brakes. One time, the only time I ever brought my car in for the rear brakes, was the also the last time. My calipers were in perfect working order. I was going to the track the next day and thought I'd let a very...
  11. o.g.sk8er

LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Yep, the AWR endlnks are noisy for sure. Never had a problem, but very annoying and unnerving for some passengers. I dealt with it for awhile and started messing around to see what would keep them quiet. What worked for me was to not use any of the hardware from AWR lol. I use only the endlinks...
  12. o.g.sk8er

LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Yes the ac well be gone if that's where it's mounted. This guy had a similar set up. Not sure what sc he used. Don't know if you've seen these or not. Yes sc's are noisy, but in a good way. :)
  13. o.g.sk8er

I used a tire iron lol. The whole thing is strange because the car brakes just fine. The pads are getting worn though. That's why I want to change them.
  14. o.g.sk8er

Thanks man. I thought that too but that seems to move freely as well. The car is pretty clean underneath thankfully, and in good shape. No leaks or rust so I have no real gunky build up or anything. I tried forcing it earlier but nope.
  15. o.g.sk8er

GT spec chassis brace supplier found

So I tried contacting Out Performance via email and by phone several times. No response. Sucks because I was hoping some company might have an overstock of Mazda GT Spec parts looking to unload. No such luck so far.
Back