Recent content by Nigel Tufnel

1. N

2019 GT-R heads-up display distortion?

Dont see that on mine. Maybe check the projection hole in the dash and make sure theres not a piece of plastic or dust or something thats distorting it. Blow with compressed air or wipe the lens clean.
  2. N

For those having Transmission Issues with their CX-5

I had a 2007 Mazda 3 hatch where I used manual mode for engine braking all the time and it worked great. Unfortunately Ive tried the same with my 2019 CX-5 and it doesnt really work at all, it barely slows the car down. Maybe safety programming override by the computer or maybe the car is just...
  3. N

Seat Heater, Heads Up Display Memory

Your 18 retains seat heater settings? Thats weird, my 19 turns it off (as well as seat ventilation) every time I turn the car off. Why would they change that?
  4. N

2018 CX-5 Low Speed Transmission Hesitation/Jerk/Lurch

Kinda sounds like your parking brake is partially engaging or rubbing, which would explain the lurching and the clicking sound (mine makes this sound when it engages after parking). Definitely does not seem normal.
  5. N

AWD activation

This all seems to happen in a fraction of a second, Im not sure what the big deal is whether its active at start or not.
  6. N

Seat Heater, Heads Up Display Memory

I dont think there is any setting to automatically maintain seat heating/cooling. I think most modern cars will reset many of the electronically controlled settings like this on each startup (does it to the brake hold too, which annoys me). Nor the HUD, however if it really bothers you, you...
  7. N

Can you remove LED DRL fuse on 2016 CX5 GT - Very disappointed in Mazda

Cant they make headlight assemblies where you can easily swap out or repair pieces individually instead of replacing the whole thing for a multi-thousand dollar charge? Its ridiculous. If your tire blows out, you dont throw out the whole wheel, you take the tire part off and just replace that.
  8. N

Did anyone cross-shop CX-5 with the new Tiguan?

I really like the styling of that, would have it it up there with the CX-5 at the top for this vehicle class where there is lots of bland/ugly to be found.
  9. N

Can't get service icon to turn off 2017 CX-5 GT

Hmm, brand new 2019 GTR here and I am getting maintenance due soon on the screen every time I start up. I mean WTF, its 6 weeks old with 700 miles on it. Maintence due, really? Gotta be a bug. Is this reset procedure real and will it mess up my *real* maintenance schedule?
  10. N

AWD activation

Pretty sure it is powering the rear wheels from a stop, at least sometimes. In my previous car (FWD Mazda 3), I would have a big problem with wheel spin from a start in wet conditions, even with good, new tires. But I cant get the AWD CX-5 to spin the wheels in these conditions at all, even with...
  11. N

Questions/concerns about new 2019 CX5

If one door is different than the rest, thats worth having checked out. But I have noticed on mine (also 2019 GTR), it does take quite a firm push to close the doors, Im getting used to it but my wife usually has to do it twice every time because shes used to her Civic which closes more lightly.
  12. N

A year later, still averaging 20 MPG on 2018 GT AWD Mazda CX-5. Is that normal?

Yeah sorry, I was under the impression that cylinder deactivation came into play only at highway speeds, which is wrong. However, I did read something about a constant 25 mph being the optimal condition for it, not sure how much youll experience that in city driving. I guess it depends on your...
  13. N

I think the poster stated it was almost all city driving? So I doubt cylinder deactivation is much of a factor, if at all.
  14. N

You really have to drive like the worlds most cautious grandma to get the stated mileage (something almost nobody does, even if you have an Eco mode), under some set of completely optimal conditions (terrain, road conditions, temperature, altitude). Thats been true of every car Ive ever owned...
  15. N

Driving in snow

Don't know about the snow, but the CX-5 has been really good in a lot of rain for me so far. Even under max acceleration with turbo, the wheels won't spin (something that plagued my old Mazda 3 with even light acceleration and barely wet road). Feels very safe.
Back