• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Recent content by Mulligan

1. M

2013 CX-5 2.0 6spd oil leak

It's almost certainly the oil control valve (OCV). If you search online, you'll find quite a few reports of those leaking after considerable mileage. The fix requires removing the valve cover.
  2. M

Cabin Air Filter & Glove Box Removal

For 2017 and later (I have a 2018), the glove box door damper attachment has changed a bit from what's pictured in the online tutorials. It's a full circle, so it is removed by pulling it to the right (for cars with right-seat driver, I assume it's the reverse). I found the easiest way to get...
  3. M

2020 Jan map available...

That's interesting. Your error, "Installation failed" is different from what occurred for me ("Download failed") before I disabled xFi Advanced Security, but the explanation, "Possible causes for this could be network issues...," is nearly the same as I saw. During my failed attempts, there...
  4. M

xFi (Comcast) Advanced Security turned out to be the culprit. After reading theisen_4's post, I looked up Advanced Security online, and the information I found on Comcast's site talked about it in the context of Wi-Fi as a feature of the XFi App. Since I never installed that app and am...
  5. M

For the past few days, I've been trying, without success, to update the maps on my SD card. Mazda Toolbox recognizes the card, indicates my eligibility for an update, and makes a backup, then when the download process starts, nothing happens. After about five minutes, I get a message saying the...
  6. M

2018 CX-5 GT Ticking

There's a recent service alert (November 22, 2019, Service Alert No.: SA-012/19, "VALVE TAPPING OR KNOCKING NOISE HEARD FROM CYLINDER HEAD") that may be applicable. Summary: "A valve tapping or knocking noise may be heard from the top end after the engine cools down (the vehicle is parked...