Recent content by mr_y82

1. M

2008 BCM Part Number

I know this probably won't help you, but maybe it will help someone else? Based on my research I think that the TD12 is the most significant part of the number and that means the car has an alarm... I believe TD11 indicates no alarm and the "D" after 560 is, I suspect, a revision indicator... I...
  2. M

Jump started then warning lights...

Good idea on both fronts... I was looking right at the BCM and did not think to grab the part number... brilliant! I think the shop vac idea is good too and I appreciate the speedy advice... I need to get more sleep!
  3. M

Chapter 3: I have some good anecdotal evidence that the BCM is fried, and I just hope everything else is good. A few days ago I decided to look at the access to the BCM and realized that the driver footwell was essentially a puddle, and though there is no smell yet there is some white fuzz...
  4. M

Anyone have a PDF version of the CX-9 Factory Repair / Service Manual?

tkw829, I just saw this. I do have that bookmarked and the 08 manual downloaded as well. Thanks!
  5. M

Many thanks jal42! I am reading about that now, and honestly I hope you are right! I will check it out (still need to look up how to access it), but here are some resources for anyone else who might stumble on this, and of course, I will update this thread...
  6. M

Long story short, I got a new battery (that I probably didn't need), put it in the cx-9, had all the same lights/problems as described above, drove it around hoping it would reset (checked for a cleared non existent codes again), drove it around a little more with no change, kept an eye on the...
  7. M

Thanks guys. I did crank it a couple times after that and let it run a while each time; good chance youri is right; we bought it around the end of summer and I don't know how old the battery is, and I haven't checked for a date or tested it. My dad has a charger, so I can try that first, but it...
  8. M

So, the 2007 CX-9 was sitting for a few weeks and would not crank (accessories did not even come on). I pulled the NC Miata around, but it had not been cranked for a while either, so I did not want to immediately shut it off. I should have just gone for a short drive, but instead I hooked up the...
  9. M

2011 CX9 AWD: Transmission & Differential Fluid Changes

The abridged version of my last post... Can I likely reuse the o-rings/gaskets on the transmission once? Thanks!
  10. M

Wondering if I should even bother... I won't do much around the engine myself except potentially things like spark plugs, maybe a thermostat, etc... nothing internal. Since the 3.5 is essentially the same engine with a tad less bore than the 3.7, is there really any reason why I would need the...
  11. M

2011 CX9 AWD: Transmission & Differential Fluid Changes

Ocd...? I apologize in advance... lol... This is kinda a strong introduction to the forum... Feel free to focus on the bold... This has basically become a personal brainstorming session over the last few days, and I am just now posting it. Some of the my original questions have been rendered...
  12. M

Thanks. I will check that out.
  13. M

I have owned an 06 miata for some time, but kids have forced me to add a cx-9 to the fleet. It is a 2007... Anyone have the .pdf for the 07... I attempted/downloaded all the .zips and .pdfs on the thread, but most seemed dead or failed to load (I did right click to save...). It looks like...
Back