Recent content by mikeyd_CX5

1. M

Did I damage my infotainment screen?

Had the same happen to me, screen looked horrible. I decided to try the suggestion posted by dvuon, it looks much better!
  2. M

2019 CX-5 clock issue

my 2018 does the same thing, makes me wonder what the GPS sync really does. Pain in the butt to have to manually set anything to do with time changes in this day and age.
  3. M

Pedal Commander...Best Mod I have done

Thanks so much for the replies, might just give it a try. I'm handy enough, not always patient though. :)
  4. M

Pedal Commander...Best Mod I have done

How difficult is it to access the accelerator connection point where the Pedal Commander and others need to be connected?
  5. M

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

its a 2018, probably should have while the "patient was open" but the pins moved freely so I didn't grease them. Next time...
  6. M

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Replaced rear brake pads and rotors @ 40K miles Hint - Use a 6 point 14mm socket on the caliper bracket bolts and a long ratchet/breaker bar to remove. They are quite tight from factory!
  7. M

Clunk noise turning wheel after sitting

I have experienced this occasionally as well, 2018 GT I can actually feel it in the steering wheel I figure its a power steering booster kicking in or something My previous vehicle (2015 Tacoma) did the same
  8. M

2018 CX-5 GT Ticking sound?

Made an appointment at the dealer to have the ticking/tapping checked out. Trouble is it has been warmer here for the last several days and I am unable to reproduce it. I was hoping to at least to be able to catch a video of it so I could prove it to the service people. Car has about 33K on it...
  9. M

2018 CX-5 GT Ticking sound?

my 2018 w/ 31000 miles literally just started making this sound yesterday Has been a bit cold here for a few days too, lows around 20F (-6c) +/- after a driving around town for a bit, and a subsequent restart I didn't seem to notice it after it sat for a while I checked oil (which was changed at...
  10. M

Dangerous cylinder deactivation trouble on 2018 CX-5 and Mazda6 models

I think those in flight MPG readings should be taken with a grain of salt or in other words they dont mean much Average at the end of a tankful is the best gauge
  11. M

Did you have the rocker issue recall work done? Post your experience here

Miles to empty update Filled up again last night, range is reading 380 or so now MPG just shy of 30 Back to what it used to be Guess it took a bit for the ECU to get settled BTW, I pushed the RPMS pretty hard during that ECU learn period :)
  12. M

Did you have the rocker issue recall work done? Post your experience here

Had the update done last week Cant say I have trended mpg for long but one thing I noticed right away is a drop in estimated range at fill up I used to see numbers north of 360 miles, now they are just a bit over 340 First time I thought maybe the attendant just didn't really fill it, the other...
  13. M

thanks for the clarification I'm sure I've been in that RPM range for a period of time, not sure how long Not necessarily in sport mode but possibly Never had any indication of limp mode being enabled will test when possible
  14. M

For clarity - when you say keep it there for a minute, do you mean literally 60 seconds?
  15. M

2018 CX5 Dealer Hitch install - are they wrong?

I priced the OEM hitch (which is 1 1/4 class 1) and wiring harness at the dealer, it was going to be over $850 installed went with a class 2 hitch and harness from etrailer was just over $200 including ball and mount
Back