Recent content by mazdamom49

1. M

Can't program key fob

I am trying to program the old key fob from my 2003 Protege to my daughter's 2006 3. I've done the lock/unlock door, the turn the key to on three times and open/close the door three times, but the ECU doesn't respond. If I need to clear the codes in the ECU, how do I do that, if not that, then...
  2. M

Protege High Mileage Club

I totaled my first '02 P5 with 250K, It was only burning about a quart of oil every 3000, had just replaced the clutch, though it didn't really need to be, and that was the only major thing that had been done to it, still drove and looked like new. I had it since it had 36K on it, about seven...
  3. M

New Protege owner

I am on my third Protege and I have found most of the parts I needed either on ebay, make sure you look at all that are offered before you decide which one to buy. Or, car-part.com, which has all parts listed from all salvage yards in the US and Canada, for small parts. I have bought a couple...
  4. M

Programming a Spare Remote for Mazda3

I am trying to program the old key fob from my 2003 Protege to my daughter's 2006 3. I've done the lock/unlock door, the turn the key to on three times and open/close the door three times, but the ECU doesn't respond. If I need to clear the codes in the ECU, how do I do that, if not that, then...
  5. M

Fuel sending unit and how to tell if it needs to be replaced

Access is under the back seat. An update to my problems. The other half of my leaking gas out of the check valve problem was, the gas tank I got off Ebay from California, had a valve door that either wasn't cut out or didn't open, for emission purposes I imagine. So, the lines that come out of...
  6. M

Well, it did turn out to be a bad sending unit and the gasket around the fuel pump. The gasket was flattened out, which was causing the fuel leak when it was almost full to full and the sending unit caused the problems between 1/4 tank and the fuel light coming on. The air vent solenoid and...
  7. M

I really need some help- still stalling and leaking gas I filled my tank up to 3/4 yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. Today I'm smelling gas inside the car, it hesitated on the way home and when I stopped to get the mail, it stalled, then stalled again at the bottom of the...
  8. M

I'd like to know how to tell if the fuel sending unit needs to be replaced. Everything is fine when the gas is above 1/4 of a tank. When I hit the 1/4 of a tank mark, it seems like I only go about 30 miles or so when my fuel light comes on. When that comes on and I make hard left turns, the car...
  9. M

New gas tank installed, lost a gallon or so of gas out of what appeared to be the che

Fixed the gas leak and hiccupping and stalling I got the leaking gas fixed, it was the air vent solenoid valve, a cool $180 and two hours labor. I have no idea where on the car that part is, and I've looked at so many diagrams of the gas tank area. Then the hiccuping and stalling started and...
  10. M

New gas tank installed, lost a gallon or so of gas out of what appeared to be the che

Well, when I saw the gas coming out of the back Sunday, I was hoping someone would throw a cigarette or match under it. But, whoever posted back in 2013 that it wasn't the check valve, was right. My overflow reservoir is filled with gas, so one of the air hoses was being filled with gas and had...
  11. M

Rear end alignment specs for 2002 Protege ES

I bought Mevotechs. I didn't think they would be longer than OEM. I asked my mechanic to re-align the rear. Since I got my car back, Friday, it looks like that helped pull the wheels in that little bit. They don't seem to be sticking out as far. Thanks though for all the feedback! :)
  12. M

Thanks, concept, but it isn't. I looked under the car last night and didn't see gas on any other lines or any where else that would indicate that it was leaking somewhere else and seeming to come out of the check valve. So, today I ordered a check valve from Mazda and I'll get it and have it...
  13. M

I just had a new gas tank installed in my 02 ES Thursday. Thought I was still loosing gas so I filled it up today before I went to work. Was at work 40 minutes and someone told me something was running out of the bottom of my car. I went out and sure enough, I had lost about a quart or so of gas...
  14. M

Rear end alignment specs for 2002 Protege ES

Thank you so much! Is there any adjustment for the lateral links? I fear not. I got them from Rock Auto, could they be a 1/2" too long? They have already cost me a tire.
  15. M

Fs: (in OK) 2002 Mazda P5

How much would you sell the strut bar and brackets for? $75 including shipping?
Back